• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who Season 3 Speculation [SPOILERS]

horacethegrey

First Post
sniffles said:
Romana appears in the 8th Doctor novels Interference 1 & 2.

Romana also puts in an appearance in a couple of the 8th Doctor audio adventures.
Okay. Thanks a million. :)

sniffles said:
Just weighing in on the topic of discussion: I don't think the Face of Boe meant there are other Time Lords out there. He didn't say, "You are not the last." He said, "You are not alone." Doesn't mean the same thing. The Doctor just seems to be interpreting it that way, despite his denial that it could be possible.

I don't really want the Master back. Or Romana, or any other Time Lord, much as I like them all. I'd like to see something new. A lot of the focus of the new series has been exploring the Doctor's personality more, making him more three-dimensional than he's ever been before. When did any of the previous incarnations of the Doctor even mention former companions, let alone miss them? I think the intent of Boe's statement is to make the Doctor realize he has friends and family, even if they're not related to him in any way.
Erm... hate to be a killjoy here, but I'll be really disappointed if that turns out to be the case. It'd be such a copout for me if the Face of Boe's last words turn out to be a hallmark greeting card message, rather than a warning of a future threat.

I do agree though, that the Doctor has become a much more layered and complex character now, unlike his previous incarnations. It helps us relate more to him, sure, but one must not forget, he's the lead character of a scifi adventure series. I don't want him mired in melodrama, which is fine up to a point.

Cthulhudrew said:
I think I'm in the minority here, but Adric was always one of my favorite companions of the Doctor's. Maybe it has something to do with him being one of the first I ever saw (if not *the* first- I'm not entirely sure who I saw first.)
Nothing wrong with that. Obviously you find something appealing about his character that I have yet to see. And perhaps I'm a bit premature in my judgement of him, having only seen him in State of Decay. But from what I've seen, he comes across as a snotty, selfiish, too smart for his own good, and irresponsible brat. :) I can see why many fans don't like him.

Richards

Legend
horacethegrey said:
(Discussing Adric): And perhaps I'm a bit premature in my judgement of him, having only seen him in State of Decay. But from what I've seen, he comes across as a snotty, selfiish, too smart for his own good, and irresponsible brat.
Not premature at all, I'd say, and you show yourself to be a discerning judge of character. :)

Johnathan

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Adric was surprising for a companion in that he underwent deverlopment and growth (something he had in common with the other 5th Doctor companions Tegan and Nyssa.) By the time of his final appearance in Earthshock, he had grown from a snotty little brat into quite a remarkable fellow. Turlough had a similar arc, iirc. The new series doesn't have the monopoly on developed characters - they were present in the old series too, just far less frequent ;)...

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Cthulhudrew said:
Marking this spoilers just in case, even though it's only speculation.

In any event, as we wait another week (grr!) for the next installment,

Wait, I'm confused. You location is listed as Long Beach California and you are waiting a week for Doctor Who? I thought season 3 was only showing in the UK right now. Is there someplace where it can be seen in the US?

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Wait, I'm confused. You location is listed as Long Beach California and you are waiting a week for Doctor Who? I thought season 3 was only showing in the UK right now. Is there someplace where it can be seen in the US?

Only on teh Intarwebs.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Didn't the Doctor have the Matrix downloaded into his head? That would mean that technically 'the memories' and possibly the 'essence' of all the Timelords are in his head.
What if they are going to go Swampthing on us and have the Doctor go back to the beginning and plant the seed from which the Timelords then develop. Perhaps we will see a Baby Timelord clone being born sometime in this series!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Attachments

• 1450f6e0f8754d.jpg
    1450f6e0f8754d.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 76
  • k9.jpg
    k9.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 51

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads