• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Does anyone agree with me about 4E?

Wightbred

Explorer
After reading this thread I became so agitated that I joined EN World so I could post a reply.

I have a dire warning for staff at WotC: you better take note of the important opinions in this thread (especially my own).

Whether a WotC lacky validates my opinion or not will affect my purchasing decision and potentially years of my future enjoyment of the hobby.

Note my 3.x books are already stacked on a bonfire and will be burnt when 4E comes out, so don't try and tell me I can still play 3.x.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Fifth Element said:
I have some strongly-held opinions about the small bits of information we have received so far about 4E. I'm not the only one who has these particular opinions, am I?

I'm desperate for validation. Does anyone share my opinion about 4E?

You talking to me ? You [] talking to me ?

Cadfan

First Post
I'd like to offer my opinion, explained in no fewer than two pages of text without paragraph spacing and with little punctuation, explaining a deadly flaw in 3e that makes certain character classes absolutely unplayable. The linchpin of my argument will be a rule that I have in fact misread. Correcting this rule completely negates my point. I will not believe that I am in error until someone personally drives to my house and diagrams the sentences in the rulebook which I have failed to understand.

jollyninja

First Post
Wightbred said:
After reading this thread I became so agitated that I joined EN World so I could post a reply.

I have a dire warning for staff at WotC: you better take note of the important opinions in this thread (especially my own).

Whether a WotC lacky validates my opinion or not will affect my purchasing decision and potentially years of my future enjoyment of the hobby.

Note my 3.x books are already stacked on a bonfire and will be burnt when 4E comes out, so don't try and tell me I can still play 3.x.

This user is clearly just trolling as it is simply not possible that the new edition might bring a new user here. Everyone with a valid opinion must have been here at least as long as me and have at some point traded emails with eric noah over the validity of a 3e scoop.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
I'm just going to step in here and make a random, pithy comment about someone's post in one sentence, just snarky enough to skate around the board rules without going over, and which is fundamentally off-topic, but which makes me look clever.

Why are people still posting in my thread? This thread is my personal territory, and you're all trolls for so much as reading the OP.

Also, I'd like to express my dismay that My Favourite Class is not going to be the only playable class in 4E, and that they're going to waste pages on things that don't have anything to do with My Favourite Race.

Cadfan said:
I'd like to offer my opinion, explained in no fewer than two pages of text without paragraph spacing and with little punctuation, explaining a deadly flaw in 3e that makes certain character classes absolutely unplayable. The linchpin of my argument will be a rule that I have in fact misread. Correcting this rule completely negates my point. I will not believe that I am in error until someone personally drives to my house and diagrams the sentences in the rulebook which I have failed to understand.
I will support your reading of the rules by pointing out that a half-blind monkey could read it in a certain way that supports your reading, and spend the next three days repeating the same thing over and over to anyone who dares to challenge my ridiculous interpretation.

lin_fusan

First Post
I'd offer my opinion, but that would be impossible, because I have no opinions, only cold, hard facts and by stating them, I would stop all discourse on everything from gaming to politics, thus preventing human civilization from existing as I have already extolled perfect thought.

Except that I always roll "1s" whenever rolling to hit. Or to-hit rolling. Or whatever.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads