D&D 5E Does anyone who got an mm at Gencon want to offer up spoilers to us?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Hoorah for Thaumaturge!

They can choose their own alignment and lose the immunity to compulsion trait. Modrons should be as PC-race-able as any of the standard MM critters (orcs, lizardmen, etc.). They range from CR 1/8 to CR 2, with the main difference being number of attacks and stats. They all get truesight, which may or may not be an issue. Pentadrones also get a recharging paralysis gas.

That's some low CR! Sounds like we might not be getting the heirarch modrons here, but the base modrons are honestly more than I expected so I'm certainly not complaining. Sounds like one could go with a bonus to CON and INT and truesight and really call it good if you wanted. Neat!

From the table of contents I can see that Devas are under the Angels entry, but there's nothing like Astral, Monadic or Movanic Deva in the TOC. So I'm curious which version of Deva are they? Are the the classic Angelic types, or the 4e reincarnate types, or even some combination of the two?

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Are any of the Fiends Legendary.

Doesn't look like it.

From the table of contents I can see that Devas are under the Angels entry, but there's nothing like Astral, Monadic or Movanic Deva in the TOC. So I'm curious which version of Deva are they? Are the the classic Angelic types, or the 4e reincarnate types, or even some combination of the two?

EDIT: They are the angelic versions. "Devas are angels that act as divine messengers."

That's some low CR! Sounds like we might not be getting the heirarch modrons here, but the base modrons are honestly more than I expected so I'm certainly not complaining. Sounds like one could go with a bonus to CON and INT and truesight and really call it good if you wanted. Neat!

I was a little surprised by how low the CRs were, too. Looking at the stats, I'd probably go +2 Dex, +1 (Con or Str). That fits the modron stats the best. But that plus truesight would be great. You could add poison spray at 2nd level or hold person 1/day at 5th to mimic the paralytic spray ability, but that wouldn't be necessary at all.

Thaumaturge.

Jack the Lad

Explorer
I'd be very interested to hear about/see anything relating to PC Vampires (and any other monsters that can be used as PCs; Thri-Kreen?).

Last edited:

thewok

First Post
It's a modron... made of meat. A meat-ball, if you will.
What about a wad of meat?
meatwad.png

Roger

First Post
Daaaaaang. Mouseferatu is right, 5E liches do not screw around.

And they can cast prestidigitation as a legendary action, which makes them about the scariest birthday clown possible.

I'm not sure what sort of chump lich isn't hiding its phylactery in a secret chest, though.

Dausuul

Legend
And they can cast prestidigitation as a legendary action, which makes them about the scariest birthday clown possible.

I'm not sure what sort of chump lich isn't hiding its phylactery in a secret chest, though.
I haven't read 5E's secret chest and don't have my PHB here right now, but if previous editions are any guide, that spell has the effect of stashing the chest off in the Ethereal Plane somewhere, with a chance of it being found and plundered.

If I were a lich, I'd never entrust my phylactery to such a defense. I'd prepare a mighty fortress-tomb, guarded by all manner of traps and undead and black magic. And then I would put an empty box in the fortress-tomb, and go bury my phylactery 4 feet underground in a totally random spot in the wilderness.

Remove ads