D&D 5E Does anyone who got an mm at Gencon want to offer up spoilers to us?

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
See, that is exactly the kind of stuff I don't get. Why would they do that? Who stands to gain from this change?
Do rakshasas make any sense from Acheron? It's a plane full of grim soldiers marching around metal cubes that squish people. It seems a polar opposite from the sleek, duplicitous Rakshasa.

I understand the desire not to invalidate previous material, especially the material that's broadly known and widely used. Pit fiends shouldn't suddenly become demons, for example. But I also don't see a need to preserve every bit of material that got tossed in a 20 year old sourcebook.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Do giants have something cool aside from big hits and rocks?

Pages of background info. Two neat pieces of art—one compares the sizes, in silouette, of the various types, and one compares the sizes of the boulders they throw. Fire, Frost, and Hill are big hits and rocks guys. Cloud and Storm have innate spellcasting and a couple of other things. Stone giants are big hits and rock guys...but they are really good at the rock part.

Thaumaturge.

MightyZehir

Explorer
And distilling the book to just rules does it a disservice. There is much more to the MM than rules. I am enjoying reading it, and every couple of pages I have a new campaign idea.

Thaumaturge.

Agreed, while mechanically interesting monsters never hurt. It is the fluff that make each of them truly unique.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Are they constructs?

Constructs and healing magic don't play well together. That would make the rogue modron PC a challenge, anyway.

They are constructs, so, yes, that is a difficulty. One that can be handwaved or otherwise worked around.

Thaumaturge.

Remathilis

Legend
It's a modron... made of meat. A meat-ball, if you will.

That gives me an AWESOME idea for a massive encounter involving monodrones

download.jpg

and Quadrones
Santi's baptism pics 005.JPG

Remove ads