• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does this Multiclassing Patch Work?

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
Brother MacLaren said:
Basic-Expert-Companion-Master's. The version of D&D I learned on, starting with the Moldvay "Red Book" of 1981 (the BECM series actually began with the 1983 Mentzer version, which had almost identical rules). Pretty much my favorite version of the game.

I'm unsure about allowing multiclassing. If it were really essential for players' enjoyment of the game, I'd have to include it. But is the flexibility in character concepts worth the risk that the game will become more about character build optimization?
Ah I see. I didn't start playing until 2e. I think the question of multiclassing is mostly a moot point, as most players who share you favoritism toward BECM won't be into multiclassing anyway while players who do like multiclassing probably won't want to play a game based on BECM. For argument's sake maybe have your rule be "multiclassing allowed with appropriate in-game rationale."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads