Legend
1630671880191.png

Master Lasher Run Bartertown

1630672087734.png

Embargo Off!

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
Thinking about a feat...

I don't think I would make it a half-feat (with a +1 ASI) just because I'd want to be able to pack in more features.

Ideas for features:
- Disarm
- Trip/Pull/Grapple (usable when making an opportunity attack)
- Stunts (used in conjunction with Athletics or Acrobatics)
- Able to wield a light weapon in off-hand (equivalent to treating whip as a light weapon, but can't dual-wield them)
- Damage bonus, or increased crit range, or increased crit damage (personally not a fan of this)
- Reaction to enemy movement (e.g. when an enemy moves with your 10' reach)

Other ideas?

aco175

Legend
I like the 4e push,pull,slide maneuvers and think they can be implemented here. I could also see where it can add to climb and jump checks somewhere. My table has limited use of disarm and trip actions and adding this may be hard for some with the abstract combat system.

J-H

Hero
Thinking about a feat...

I don't think I would make it a half-feat (with a +1 ASI) just because I'd want to be able to pack in more features.

Ideas for features:
- Disarm
- Trip/Pull/Grapple (usable when making an opportunity attack)
- Stunts (used in conjunction with Athletics or Acrobatics)
- Able to wield a light weapon in off-hand (equivalent to treating whip as a light weapon, but can't dual-wield them)
- Damage bonus, or increased crit range, or increased crit damage (personally not a fan of this)
- Reaction to enemy movement (e.g. when an enemy moves with your 10' reach)

Other ideas?
You already have Disarm/Shove/Grapple as options for your attacks. If you're a class with Extra Attack, you can try multiple times per turn. Battle Master lets you tag these on to regular attacks.
Reaction to enemy movement comes from Sentinel.

I'd either go Battlemaster or Swashbuckler. Swashbuckler can get Expertise in Athletics/Acrobatics for the disarm/shove/grapple checks, plus Cunning Action for mobility.

The whip itself doesn't add much to the build - you could do the same with other weapons - but I'm fine with that, as a whip really isn't a good/practical weapon IRL anyway.

Could be fun with a paladin if you take the dual-wielding feat. It might not come across as a master of whips, but you'd have a substantial aura of smiting. (Kinda works for a hexblade as well).

I feel like this should work with battlesmith, but I don't know.

Remove ads