• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Domain Imitation--Homebrew feat

RandyH

First Post
Domain Imitation (general)
Select a domain that you do not already have. You gain the domain power from that domain.

Prerequisite
Knowledge (religion) 8 ranks, UMD 8 ranks, any non-lawful alignment, must have had training with or studied a divine caster that possesses the domain for no less than 48 hours, and must have remained within 100 feet from the caster the entire time. The caster does not need to know that you are studying him/her.

Benefit
You gain the domain power associated with the domain. You do not however gain any domain spells that the domain would normally grant.

Special
You may take this feat more than once. Each time, you must select a different domain.

Thoughts on if I should lengthen the study time or not? Any concerns or thoughts? I made the requirements more difficult to get than Arcane Disciple (even though this just grants you the power and not the actual domain) since I imagine that a UMD user would need to put in some effort to manipulate the divine power surrounding (or being sent to, or however divine casters keep their divine powers/gifts) the caster so that some of it permanently becomes part of him. I imagine that most deities would not look too highly of non-disciples usurping some of the powers that are not meant for them, therefore I think it would be a bit of a chaotic at, ergo the alignment restriction of non-lawful...just seems to slightly go against the natural order a bit. For the same reason, I think that most (but not all) clerics, druids, disciples, etc would not directly train someone from outside their order how to do this, making it that much more difficult.

There's a possibility of a Feat using this as a requirement that grants you the actual domain as well...Maybe something like you need to train with or study them for an entire month, and then you gain the spells as Spell like abilities once/day...barring that there would have to be HD limits, probably following to when clerics gain a new spell level increase.

Last edited:

RandyH

First Post
For s***s and giggles, I decided to make an advanced feat too.

Domain Replica (general)
You have trained to further emulate those blessed with divine powers.

Prerequisite
Domain Imitation, Wisdom 16, Knowledge (religion) 12 ranks, UMD 12 ranks, Spellcraft 12 ranks, any non-lawful alignment, must have trained with or studied a divine caster, that possess a domain in which you have Divine Imitation feat in, for no less than two weeks. You must remain within 100 feet of the caster for 80% of this time. The caster does not need to know that you are studying him/her.

Benefit
You gain the spells associated with the Domain for which you have Domain Imitation of as Spell-like abilities, usable 1/day. The level at which you can use these spell-abilities follow the same rate that a Cleric would have access to the corresponding domain spell. Use your total HD and Class levels as your effective cleric level when determining when you get the Spell-like ability and as your Caster Level. Use your Wisdom modifier when determining the save DC of the spell-like abilities granted.

Special
You may take this feat more than once. Each time it must be for a different domain that you have Domain Imitation for.

Last edited:

Remove ads