Doomsayer (Warlock Paragon) question...

Rerednaw

Explorer
At 11th level, the Doomsayer class obtains 2 class features. The first is Doomsayer's Action, which is a nice minion muncher, provided you were able to tag a lot of them.

The second is the one I have a question on: Doomsayer Proclamation.
Doomsayer’s Proclamation (11th level): Enemies
within 10 squares of you must roll two dice when
rolling saving throws against fear effects
. They must...

I went through the Warlock power list. I only found one (1) power that has a save ends effect with the fear keyword. The level 1 Daily, Dread Star. I find it odd that a Paragon class feature only works with one power from levels 1-30. I'm figuring I am missing something so I'm asking for help.

Anyone?

DracoSuave

First Post
At 11th level, the Doomsayer class obtains 2 class features. The first is Doomsayer's Action, which is a nice minion muncher, provided you were able to tag a lot of them.

The second is the one I have a question on: Doomsayer Proclamation.

I went through the Warlock power list. I only found one (1) power that has a save ends effect with the fear keyword. The level 1 Daily, Dread Star. I find it odd that a Paragon class feature only works with one power from levels 1-30. I'm figuring I am missing something so I'm asking for help.

Anyone?

You are missing the fear-save powers.

So is everyone else tho, so you're not alone.

Yes, they are aware of it.

Byronic

First Post
I'm afraid that the paragon path isn't that good. In a previous thread on this same subject I believe house rules were proposed.

k00jo

First Post
I'm afraid that the paragon path isn't that good. In a previous thread on this same subject I believe house rules were proposed.

There are three ways to make this Paragon Path effective:

• multi to Wizard to take some additional save vs. fear powers
  • have a Wizard in the party who's specialized in Fear powers, this path can create some great synergy
  • wait for the inevitable supplement which will provide additional Warlock save vs. fear powers
I think whoever made this prestige class was thinking "old school", 'cause here are all of the Warlock's powers with the fear descriptor:
Frigid Darkness lvl 3 encounter, Howl of Doom lvl 7 encounter, Fates Entwined lvl 11 encounter, Long Fall into Darkness lvl 13 daily, Thirteen Baleful Stars lvl 25 daily, Banish to the Void lvl 27 encounter, Doom of Delban lvl 29 daily.

I think a decent house rule would be to give the Doomsayer +2 to attacks with the fear descriptor.

Last edited:

Ian Demagi

Explorer
Fear effects

So all those Starlock powers that have the fear key world don't count? I am really bum'd, Ian.

Starlocks powers w/ Fear key word:
Dire Radiance
Dreadful Word
Dread Star
Frigid Darkness
13 Baleful Stars
Banish to the Void
Fates Entwined
Long fall into Darkness

Last edited:

Stridercal

First Post
The answer was recently pointed out to me, and now i am enlightened:

Buy a wand with a fear affect, and any power you cast through it will have the fear keyword. Thus making all of you powers "save vs fear".

I'm thinking that pretty tweaked, if not broken. I haven't found another combo like this yet so far.

Tale

First Post
Would the Fear effect keyword from a wand be able to cross over like they do with damage type keywords?

Though I can't think of any Warlock powers off the top of my head that have save end effects that would be valid. Most are ongoing fire damage and wouldn't make sense for the Fear keyword to count for.

Would the Fear effect keyword from a wand be able to cross over like they do with damage type keywords?

Though I can't think of any Warlock powers off the top of my head that have save end effects that would be valid. Most are ongoing fire damage and wouldn't make sense for the Fear keyword to count for.

Yeah for some reason the customer service people say it doesn't matter. It doesn't make sense, but as of now, thems the rules.

Remove ads