• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Kaodi

Hero
"Well what do we have here," intones the ifrit as the corners of his mouth creep up into a smile. "This part of the wall," he says, pointing to it, "Has some kind of magic placed upon it. I am not knowledgeable about the arcane, so I cannot intuit the type of spell used. I do not suppose either of you will be able to tell either..."

'Crazy' Ignatius suddenly decides it would be a good idea to run his hand over the section of the wall in question.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Edmond starts forward already concentrating. He attunes himself The Weave and looks at the wall and then cringes slightly at his comrades recklessness.
"Let me look at it, I know magic from inside out."

Dr Simon

Explorer
The magic emanating from the wall is strong, but neither Edmond nor Ignatius can tell what it's purpose might be. Certainly it feels like a normal rock wall to Ignatius, and nothing happens to him when he touches it.

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius turns around and raises his hand in front of him, one finger pointed upward. "I have ascertained that the wall is not, in fact, an illusion!" he proclaims proudly. "I do not think there is anything to do but to proceed and open the doors here. Who should like to do the honours?"

Axel

First Post
Mhairi sighed, looking at the boys with a mixture of boredom and frustration. Her now loaded crossbow gripped in one hand, she said, "If you're both quite done showing off, I think it might be time to get started."

Dr Simon

Explorer
As Mhairi predicted, the doors swing open at a gentle touch, smoothly and silently. Beyond, there is a corridor flanked by two statues of a tiger-headed man, much like the ones in the room below, with arms held out to welcome people in and usher them forwards. They are not magical.

Beyond, the short corridor ends in an oval room with two alcoves, one of which contains a lever.

[sblock=OOC]
Arkona Labyrinth 1.jpg
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"Ignatius, let me forward so I can protect Mhairi."
Edmond pushes through, preparing his long weapon to threaten anyone attacking the girl
"Go on. I'm right behind you. The statues aren't magical, but if you want to check them we'll wait."

Axel

First Post
Exhaling nervously, Mhairi steps over the threshold, heading toward the alcove on her left. "Creepy things, these statues. Wonder what they're all about?"

Neurotic

"Maybe I should pull the lever with Deathwail from a distance rather then anyone standing next to it?"

Remove ads