Dr Strange 2: In the Multiverse of Madness (Spoilers)

Stalker0

Legend
You mean the only source of magical knowledge she has, that as the viewer you have a frame of reference that tells you how bad it is that she doesn't? I mean, yes, she has reason to believe its not good, but has no idea of the relentlessly corrupting nature of it because she doesn't know anything about magic.
If only she knew about a group that studied magic, and has all sorts of good magical tomes about it....oh wait, she does.

Thomas Shey

Legend
What every drug addict is told...you make amends. And if that is standing in front of them so they can rant to you about how nasty you were to them....so be it.

No. That's making it about you. If someone tells you they don't want to deal with you, you take them at your word and go away. Otherwise you've decided its more important what you do than what they want.

Thomas Shey

Legend
If only she knew about a group that studied magic, and has all sorts of good magical tomes about it....oh wait, she does.

She knows about Strange. There's nothing to suggest she knows more than that, and there's nothing that even tells you she knows how to contact him. Its not like she's one of the people he interacted with much during Infinity War. And lets not forget that she expects him to come by by himself at some point--which he doesn't do until much, much later.

Stalker0

Legend
No. That's making it about you. If someone tells you they don't want to deal with you, you take them at your word and go away. Otherwise you've decided its more important what you do than what they want.
There's a big difference between leaving in the moment, and never coming back even a few years later. Of course people are going to be super angry and have the "get out" moment right after the trauma. But some time later, you should at least try again. Or stay in the shadows, doing something in the background to try and make their lives better....something.

Btw, I have this beef with the Avengers as well after Avengers 2 (and its Baron Zemo that points it out). Considering what happened to Sokovia, did any of them help the country that was destroyed? (Especially Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, who share at least some responsibility, if not the majority).

Thomas Shey

Legend
There's a big difference between leaving in the moment, and never coming back even a few years later. Of course people are going to be super angry and have the "get out" moment right after the trauma. But some time later, you should at least try again. Or stay in the shadows, doing something in the background to try and make their lives better....something.

So, stalk them and reopen the trauma?

Still, no.

Btw, I have this beef with the Avengers as well after Avengers 2 (and its Baron Zemo that points it out). Considering what happened to Sokovia, did any of them help the country that was destroyed? (Especially Tony Stark and Bruce Banner, who share at least some responsibility, if not the majority).

Not parallel situations, I think.

Thomas Shey

Legend
It was meant to showcase my beef isn't just with "wanda" doing non-heroic things, aka I don't single her out, there are issues with other movies as well.

The difference is I think there's a big difference between someone struggling with trauma and guilt and what they do, and a whole group who knows they have further obligation.

Your whole premise about Wanda assumes a rational actor with a lot more knowledge about a situation than she has. I think that's very poor framing to approach it with.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Does anyone consider Hawkeye a villain in Avengers when he was mind controlled by Loki? And when he snapped out of it doing everything he could to set it right?

Why the double standard given to the Darkhold? We see Strange after Strange corrupted by it, why do we try to ignore it's influence?

Stalker0

Legend
Your whole premise about Wanda assumes a rational actor with a lot more knowledge about a situation than she has. I think that's very poor framing to approach it with.
So the original premise of my argument was around the statement that Wanda is the "hero" of Wandavision. That is what I'm disputing.

In subsequent debates, I feel her trauma is being used as a way to "excuse" her actions, which I do not accept. They make her more sympathetic certainly, but they don't absolve her from the guilt of those actions.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Does anyone consider Hawkeye a villain in Avengers when he was mind controlled by Loki? And when he snapped out of it doing everything he could to set it right?

Why the double standard given to the Darkhold? We see Strange after Strange corrupted by it, why do we try to ignore it's influence?

The argument usually seems to be that she did not have as good a reason to risk it, which ignores the fact she didn't know as much about it as Strange does, nor was she in a stable mental place at the time.

Remove ads