Dragonlance Draconian from Shadow of the Dragon Queen!

I have a penchant for heavier characters and lament not always having a mini that fits the image.

2 of my favorite characters have had more than a little paunch!
on roll20 we use pictures from the web alot. do you know how hard it is to find D&D art of slightly overweight characters is (not impossible, but it takes some digging).

If I want in my game the dragoborns are the runt version of the draconians. The lineage was created, but the production was stopped because dragonborns didn't want to be Takhisis' canon fodder and they deserted when they could, and if it was necessary, the officials suffered "accidents". And because producing draconians was faster than dragonborns, because these need more time to mature and become capable to fight.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Because if WotC would use dragonborn as draconians it would also mean that draconians would not be as powerful as they originally were as they still have to be useable as player race and also the iconic abilities would be toned down to be player character compatible. And that would imo devalue draconians a lot.
Ah, I misread your comment. You're talking mechanically, and I'm talking visually.

Ixal

Hero
Ah, I misread your comment. You're talking mechanically, and I'm talking visually.
Visually the draconians are also rather distinct. Especially their colourations which links them to the true dragons. Also several of them have wings which dragonborn lack.

Also draconians without tails? Just no. Too human looking for what is supposed to be mutated dragons.
Also, if visually they would look like dragonborn it would also make it more likely that mechanically they also would be.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
I mean for all the talk of 'seeing yourself' it is one of those things . I guess we all want ourselves but more inshape (in theory)
Well I want this image I have.

Like with the paunchy dragon kin or whatever.

Like a scar or a beard a paunch can just add
Character.

When I play “fat” I do identify as someone who can be paunchy! I often play high strength and low dex.

My fat cleric will bear hug ya with his 16 str. But is probably not doing ballet with his dex of 8. He does overeat when they feast. He happens to be food focused which is fun.

Well food and magic/power obsessed but he is an individual! I enjoy his power and food obsessed self!

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
Reminder here that Draconians are also the Spellscale Dragonborn subrace in Exandria, but when WotC officially published Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, they edited the name of the subrace to Draconblood Dragonborn, and in the subsequent 3rd Party Tal'dorei Reborn, they were called Dragonbloods, all because WotC wanted to make clear that these are not Krynn's Draconians.

Draconians have a very specific identity in D&D, and Fizban's brought them from Krynn to the rest of the D&D Multiverse. Glad we're finally exploring them now, between last year's book and this year's.

Well I want this image I have.

Like with the paunchy dragon kin or whatever.

Like a scar or a beard a paunch can just add
Character.

When I play “fat” I do identify as someone who can be paunchy! I often play high strength and low dex.

My fat cleric will bear hug ya with his 16 str. But is probably not doing ballet with his dex of 8. He does overeat when they feast. He happens to be food focused which is fun.

Well food and magic/power obsessed but he is an individual! I enjoy his power and food obsessed self!
right there with you...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases