D&D 5E Dragon+ issue 28: Eberron living spells

Parmandur

Book-Friend

pugmire.jpeg

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.

A setting where the world has been taken over by the uplifted pets of an advanced (and mysteriously absent) human civilization.

You can go around as a Dog, or a Cat, or possibly a Rat or Lizard. Do your D&D things like fighting monsters and taking over castles, and also raid the suitably-advanced-to-the-point-of-magic ruins of the Humans.

TiwazTyrsfist

Adventurer
Pirates of Pugmire adds Birds and Lizards.

Sidetrack aside, I always liked the idea of animated spells that were utility spells.

Create Water - Doesn't really attack, but it IS turning the whole area into difficult terrain since it's basically a swamp now.

Animate Object - A single Spell Ooze surrounded by it's army of random animated trash. The spell isn't tough, but the 20 animated chairs, rugs, rocks, dead trees, etc. following it and protecting it make things complicated. If the Spell hits you with it's slam attack you have to save or your clothes/armor become animated at attack you.

Feather Fall - Can we somehow tame this and keep it as a pet?

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Living Spells based on Damage Spells are just slightly more interesting Elementals, that don't have the elemental subtype. In fact, didn't they used to be Oozes?

Anyway, where is my Living Sleep?
I think they used to be, but creature type in 5e is really not as important as it used to be. One possible reason for the change is that there might be more relevance to the construct subtype put in with rising

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases