DRAGON+ Issue 5 Brings News of a New D&D Boardgame, Sage Advice, and SCL Tabletop Stats

The new issue of Dragon+ is here - and accessible via the web as well as via a mobile app. Issue 5 contains a variety of items, including coverage of the latest video game news, news about an upcoming boardgame called Tyrants of the Underdark, advice and stats bringing the Sword Coast Legends companions to the tabletop game, and more. Plus Sage Advice makes its debut in the publication. The magazine is now available at the address dragonmag.com (as well as via the mobile app). That also includes back-issues.

The new issue of Dragon+ is here - and accessible via the web as well as via a mobile app. Issue 5 contains a variety of items, including coverage of the latest video game news, news about an upcoming boardgame called Tyrants of the Underdark, advice and stats bringing the Sword Coast Legends companions to the tabletop game, and more. Plus Sage Advice makes its debut in the publication. The magazine is now available at the address dragonmag.com (as well as via the mobile app). That also includes back-issues.

Screen Shot 2015-12-14 at 20.25.43.png

• Editor's Letter
  • Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
  • Fiction: Amulet Fellow and the Regal Rose
  • Tyrants of the Underdark
  • Cover: Imagining the Ampersand
  • Reality Check
  • Neverwinter: Underdark
  • Community
  • Interview: Erin M. Evans
  • Sword Coast Legends: Better By Design
  • Enemies and Allies: Sword Coast Legends
  • Tavern Tales
  • Sage Advice
  • Gauntlet Gophers
  • Interview: Rainn Wilson
  • Video & Audio Highlights

100844329-10.jpg

Zaran

Adventurer
I really don't want another board game. I want more content for the Rpg. I'd even settle for a nice turned based video game.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
They're free no matter how you get them, but they were previously only available to people who officially signed up to be dungeon masters for D&D Encounters.
That's the point I was making - it's not like there was some pay-gate preventing people from getting, nor some kind of test that you could fail and then be denied access, at least, no test besides "Go ask for them."

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I really liked this issue of Dragon+. A lot of things that I didn't know, as I've been a bit busy at work of late. :)

Cheers!

delericho

Legend
Surprised they are still giving away Adventure League Modules.. don't get me wron,g it's very nice.. but just shocked.. figured it was a 1 or 2 time deal..

It makes sense - they have those adventures lying around not doing anything, the adventures aren't officially available to the majority of players, and they're looking for content for Dragon+ but don't want to pay much for it (since D+ is itself free). So everything feeds into everything else. It's a smart move.

That's the point I was making - it's not like there was some pay-gate preventing people from getting, nor some kind of test that you could fail and then be denied access, at least, no test besides "Go ask for them."

I for one appreciate them doing this. For various reasons I'm not in a position to engage with AL games, and while I could talk nicely to someone who runs an FLGS (or just Google the passwords) it would be fundamentally dishonest to do so. So having a sanctioned way to get at least some of the adventures is nice.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I for one appreciate them doing this. For various reasons I'm not in a position to engage with AL games, and while I could talk nicely to someone who runs an FLGS (or just Google the passwords) it would be fundamentally dishonest to do so. So having a sanctioned way to get at least some of the adventures is nice.

Occupation of Szith Morcane is also a really interesting adventure, IMO. Full of inventive detail.

Cheers!

ki11erDM

Explorer
Hay. This is a better thing than the previous thing! Before I had to run an android emulator to see something that was not very useful, and now I can go to one central website that has that same not terribly useful content... BUT also has all the feeds from their other media outlets.
Its not old school dragon or dungeon mags but maybe, just maybe, they are starting to move in a direction that wont be horrible.

Remove ads

Remove ads