• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Magazine Collections

Andre

First Post
maransreth said:
Something related - over the years Dragon has hosted a number of comic series. Which is your favourite?
Mine would be a toss up between Aaron William's Nodwick or Floyd or Elmore's Snarfquest.

The one and only Fineous Fingers

MrFilthyIke

First Post
thalmin said:
I started around issue #43, intentionally cutting articles out so I wouldn't collect. It didn't work. I own #1-330 continuous, plus the full runs of Stategic Review, Little Wars, and Imagine Magazine. And White Dwarf from #1 to 110.
I tend to go overboard, don't I? :heh:

And what's the address to your house thalmin?? :]

Last edited:

Glyfair

Explorer
maransreth said:
Something related - over the years Dragon has hosted a number of comic series. Which is your favourite?
Mine would be a toss up between Aaron William's Nodwick or Floyd or Elmore's Snarfquest.

Probably worthwhile to start another post on this topic.

I couldn't pick just one. Fineous Fingers & Knights of the Dinner Table are two sides of the same coin for me. Nothing really beats Wormy for quality of art and the story was good, too. A shame the story was left hanging).

D+1

First Post
Started with #50. Bought very sporadically until, I believe it was issue #83 and then I bought every one, and eventually subscribed. A few years back I decided I was going to try to complete the collection and found someone actually selling theirs. Paid $850 for the lot IIRC, from issue #1 to #250 or somesuch - including most of the issues of The Strategic Review.

My collection of Dragon has been complete ever since with #1 right up to present and a couple hundred duplicates. I may someday fill in the missing Strategic Reviews but I can probably live without them. Obviously I am now COMMITTED to never, EVER calling it quits on the collection, but I need to move to a bigger apartment or something because I consult back issues infrequently at best but they take up a lot of VERY critical shelf space.

D+1

First Post
maransreth said:
I enjoy Nodwick a good deal. Probably a little more than I did Fineous Fingers or Snarfquest. Even Yamara kept me wanting more. Knights of the Dinner Table might actually rank as high as Nodwick though it's tough to compare KotDT to others as it took a much different approach and at least in Dragon was visually quite limited while being every bit as funny or moreso. But there has been nothing to really stand up to...

Wormy.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
CarlZog said:
Especially since that CD archive is fetching $70-$90 now. :( The worst $30 I never spent.

Well, for what it's worth, the CD had a few problems.

If you check out issue #223, there was a minor scanning error on page 27, which wiped out the treasure type, number appearing, and alignment for Talon (a demigod from the Primal Rage game). While I don't remember the treasure type, the number appearing is 1 (he's unique), and the alignment is Lawful Evil.

Also, Dragon Annual issues #1 and #2 were conspicuously absent; both had been published before issue #250 had come out, so should have been there.

Also, several inserts from various issues weren't scanned in. They were available for separate download here.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Forgot to mention, also have Dungeon complete run from issue 1.
Favorite comics: Fineous Fingers and KoDT.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads