Dragonlance Dragonlance comes to DMsGuild

Libertad

Hero
But seriously, I can see people focusing on upgrading the prior edition content to 5e. I don't know how popular it is even among Dragonlance fans, but an Age of Mortals era conversion might be on the menu. Someone already converted some of the earlier Chronicles adventures, but set it thousands of years ago in the Forgotten Realms to get around the setting not being Guild-legal at the time. It was also pretty bare-bones as a sourcebook. A sourcebook focused on gameplay during the reign of Istar, or even the alternate timelines from Legends of the Twins, I can also see being popular.

Turning the many DMPCs of the Chronicles into Sidekick classes feels like a no-brainer. For Ravenloft one product did this for Allies Against the Night.

Content based on the big organizations such as the Wizards of High Sorcery, Knights of Solamnia, and an expanded bestiary for the various evil humanoid troops types for the Dragonarmies would be welcome additions. This last part featured a bit in the 3rd Edition conversions of the Chronicles, particularly in later adventures when they started adding different kinds of class levels to the monstrous soldiers.

And given the emphasis on more respectful forms of inclusion, I can also see increased attention and content for the various non-Western analogues. Ergoth (Roman-African hybrid) had a dedicated sourcebook for the unique SAGA System during the 2e AD&D days, and we also have Khur (Middle Easterners) and Nordmaar (Aztec) as significant countries.

And of course, ways to add dragon-riding and aerial combat.

There's a part of me that would want to write these up myself, but I have no idea if I'll have the time for self-publishing and playtesting so I'm just putting them up here as an "idea guy."

Last edited:

hojulation

Explorer
Figured it was inevitable, personally. They've been pretty good about opening up the settings they release in 5e to DMsGuild.
I would agree with you with one exception: Ghosts of Saltmarsh didn't open up Greyhawk.

Now granted it was an adventure compilation nominally set in Greyhawk, but I also doubt we're getting a second Spelljammer adventure or Dragonlance adventure, so I don't understand why they didn't just make it available back then. I think the fact that we know there is no "Greyhawk specific" adventure coming out in the next year just reinforces my confusion.

darjr

I crit!
Why not? They usually do with their own settings?
They have granted rights to Baldman games to do content for a Dragonlance story line, like the Moonshaes. When they did this in the past they didn’t open those up to the DMsGuild.

darjr

I crit!
Also based upon the sheet ton of stuff I’ve heard Baldman games is going to release I thought they might consider that enough.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
They have granted rights to Baldman games to do content for a Dragonlance story line, like the Moonshaes. When they did this in the past they didn’t open those up to the DMsGuild.
You probably follow this stuff more than I do (ie at all) but I thought they'd opened all their own settings they'd published for 5E? Ravenloft, Spelljammer, Forgotten Realms, Eberron... am I missing any?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads