Dragonlance Dragonlance comes to DMsGuild

I would agree with you with one exception: Ghosts of Saltmarsh didn't open up Greyhawk.

Now granted it was an adventure compilation nominally set in Greyhawk, but I also doubt we're getting a second Spelljammer adventure or Dragonlance adventure, so I don't understand why they didn't just make it available back then. I think the fact that we know there is no "Greyhawk specific" adventure coming out in the next year just reinforces my confusion.
I think it's just the matter of Ghosts of Saltmarsh not being branded as a Greyhawk book - it was nominally set there, sure, but essentially only by virtue of reprinting/updating older modules that assumed Greyhawk as the default setting. Frankly, the same could be said for most of the material in Tales from the Yawning Portal, despite the Yawning Portal itself being in Waterdeep.

darjr

I crit!
You probably follow this stuff more than I do (ie at all) but I thought they'd opened all their own settings they'd published for 5E? Ravenloft, Spelljammer, Forgotten Realms, Eberron... am I missing any?
They didn’t open all of the forgotten realms. Moonshaes and Borderkingdoms were reserved for Baldman Games and Gameholecon. Granted that was specifically for AL.

I thought this would follow that model. All the things I’d heard suggested it was going to be. I did think at the time it was a change if they didn’t open it up.

I’m glad I was wrong.

You probably follow this stuff more than I do (ie at all) but I thought they'd opened all their own settings they'd published for 5E? Ravenloft, Spelljammer, Forgotten Realms, Eberron... am I missing any?
Missing Wildemount (possibly due to their contract with Critical Role) and Greyhawk (if one counts Saltmarsh), but they've opened up everything else they've officially published in 5e thus far, and from what I've heard people have managed to stretch the definition of "Forgotten Realms" to touch upon Zakhara, Maztica, Kara-tur, etc. to varying degrees.

DMsGuild Approved Settings.png

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
cool that theyre adding it to DMsGuild. While I dont create content for the site, I'm thinking of creating the Irda race as well as the variant sea elf races (though they might just be add ons that let them shapeshift).

I'm tempted to make the Paladin Oath and the Measure, but I kind of want to make sure that fighters especially and rangers fit within the order, though if subclass features are gained at the same time across classes in 1dnd then this problem might solve itself.

Adapting the sorcerer subclass to wizard is on my list of things to do, though I might just create something new for wizards of high sorcery.

Depending on what monsters turn up, I might even convert some of the various monsters from earlier editions to 5e.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Missing Wildemount (possibly due to their contract with Critical Role) and Greyhawk (if one counts Saltmarsh), but they've opened up everything else they've officially published in 5e thus far.

View attachment 266226

Yeah, Wildemount isn’t theirs to open up. I’m talking about the their own D&D settings they’ve published in 5E.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads