WotC Dragonlance: Everything You Need For Shadow of the Dragon Queen

WotC has shared a video explaining the Dragonlance setting, and what to expect when it is released in December. World at War: Introduces war as a genre of play to fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons. Dragonlance: Introduces the Dragonlance setting with a focus on the War of the Lance and an overview of what players and DMs need to run adventures during this world spanning conflict. Heroes of...

WotC has shared a video explaining the Dragonlance setting, and what to expect when it is released in December.

World at War: Introduces war as a genre of play to fifth edition Dungeons & Dragons.

Dragonlance: Introduces the Dragonlance setting with a focus on the War of the Lance and an overview of what players and DMs need to run adventures during this world spanning conflict.

Heroes of War: Provides character creation rules highlighting core elements of the Dragonlance setting, including the kender race and new backgrounds for the Knight of Solamnia and Mage of High Sorcery magic-users. Also introduces the Lunar Sorcery sorcerer subclass with new spells that bind your character to Krynn's three mystical moons and imbues you with lunar magic.

Villains: Pits heroes against the infamous death knight Lord Soth and his army of draconians.

Notes --
  • 224 page hardcover adventure
  • D&D's setting for war
  • Set in eastern Solamnia
  • War is represented by context -- it's not goblins attacking the village, but evil forces; refugees, rumours
  • You can play anything from D&D - clerics included, although many classic D&D elements have been forgotten
  • Introductory scenarios bring you up to speed on the world so no prior research needed

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I think we can all agree: if the DM announces that they want to run a Forgotten Realms game and I show up insisting that I want to be a pot-dealing Setite from Boston, the DM is clearly the one in the wrong.
Let's see. Drugs exist in the Realms. Set exists in the Realms. The only issue I see there is Boston, and that could be some village somewhere. ;)

mamba

Legend
I'm sorry but no. They did not. There is nothing to show that they would not have had orcs had one of the players sat down and said "I am playing a half orc assassin out of the PHB" the first time it comes up is 2 years later. it is a retcon
Well, you are mistaken, but it is hard to come across something that was decided in 1982 or so now to show you here. If I find something, I’ll let you know ;)

I think we can all agree: if the DM announces that they want to run a Forgotten Realms game and I show up insisting that I want to be a pot-dealing Setite from Boston, the DM is clearly the one in the wrong.
jokes aside (see above) the difference is the DM can give a reason other then "Cause the guy that wrote it said so" or "Cause I said so"

I run games with limits ALL THE TIME. I take whole classes and races and throw them away for a campaign here or there... I once ran Human only Martial only with the caveats of using the middle earth book to round out the classes and allowing half elf half orc teifling and dragonborn STATS as '___ touched' but they looked were raised and had the life span more or less of a human.

You know what seperates what I did and this no orc rule? I can give a reason other then 'cause I said so'

Well, you are mistaken, but it is hard to come across something that was decided in 1982 or so now to show you here. If I find something, I’ll let you know ;)
there was nothing before the DLA book, it has been shown before. if this 'no half orcs' mattered before 87 why would they let people play DL for 2 years with half orc as an option?

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
The point applies though. You want the races of the player characters to match the fiction of the setting.

You sure?
latest
Those are Klingons! :p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads