Dragonlance DRAGONLANCE is coming this year!

This year, a hardcover book and a 'battle game'. Here's the teaser trailer! The adventure is set at the start of the War of the Lance, while the battle game is designed for 'large scale' battles. And they're coming later this year, in 2022. Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen Dragonlance: Warriors of Krynn

This year, a hardcover book and a 'battle game'. Here's the teaser trailer! The adventure is set at the start of the War of the Lance, while the battle game is designed for 'large scale' battles. And they're coming later this year, in 2022.
  • Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen
  • Dragonlance: Warriors of Krynn

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.41.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.41.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.41.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.41.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.41.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.40.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.28.25 PM.png

Michael Linke

Adventurer
So technically this isn't a campaign setting product, it's an adventure and a battle game. Does that mean there is still one more unannounced classic campaign setting for 2022? I'm hoping yes.
I think by the time you buy both the adventure book and the battlegame, you will have a campaign setting book's worth of setting information.

Edit: if any admins happen to be listening, I accidentally clicked "report" on Superchunk's post instead of reply. I think once you see the "reason" it will be pretty clear i didn't mean to report.

Michael Linke

Adventurer
Kinda bummed it's an AP, though, given how Dragonlance started off, I guess it's probably the most excusable of all the classic settings to do this with.
We don't know that it's an adventure path. If I was doing this, the Adventure Book would be a set of scenarios that tie into the shared campaign. They would be less about telling the dragonlance story (there are novels for that) and more about showing how D&D scenarios can interact with wargame scenarios to feed into the same campaign.

Even IF it's an adventure path, the adventures given could (should?) serve as templates for further missions designed to interact with the wargame.

Weiley31

Legend
We don't know that it's an adventure path. If I was doing this, the Adventure Book would be a set of scenarios that tie into the shared campaign. They would be less about telling the dragonlance story (there are novels for that) and more about showing how D&D scenarios can interact with wargame scenarios to feed into the same campaign.
They mentioned that Shadows of the Dragon Queen happens "concurrently" or in a different part of the War of The Lances. So stuff is happening in different places during the war. So that way player's PCs aren't overshadowed by the main heroes and can still experience their takes upon the war itself.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone

Important piece here; it does seem that the book will primarily be an adventure, and seems to be set mostly in an unexplroed part of Ansalom. Known locations and NPCs do feature/cameo, but the focus is on new material.

It is also not a reset, this is just happening concurrently with events that we all know from books/modules before.

Remove ads

Remove ads