• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dreamwalker / 3.5

Memnus

First Post
I don't know if this has come up yet, but if it hasn't, the Dreamwalker prestige class has 9 ranks in Scry as a prerequisite, along with skill focus: Scry. Scry is no longer a skill in 3.5. If not, my suggestion: Change the skill requirement to Spellcraft, and the feat requirement to Spell Focus: Divination. If it has, what has it been changed to?

Memnus

First Post
That would probably also involve adding Spellcraft to the class skill list, now that I look at it.

Also, the Dreamsight ability, the one all the others are based on, required an opposed Scry check. Opposed Spellcraft doesn't feel right. To line up with other similar abilities (bardsong, stunning fist) I think the target should get a Will save to resist of DC 10 + (1/2 Dreamwalker's caster level) + (Dreamwalker's key ability modifier). Also, since the Dreamwalker might be any of the major spellcasting classes, the ability that modifies the save DCs for the rest of the abilities should be whatever the caster's prime ability already is.

(Granted, this may cause confusion in someone playing a mystic theurge/dreamwalker. In my opinion, that combo should be dissuaded anyway.)

Remove ads