• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dresden Files - Storm Front

Mean Eyed Cat

Explorer
Storm Front
Episode Number: 8 Season Number: 1 First Aired: Sunday March 18, 2007

"This episode was initially meant to be the two-hour series premiere, but the Sci-Fi Channel had no slot to fit it into, so they used the third episode—'Birds of a Feather'—as the lead-in for the show instead."

"'Storm Front' is also the name of Jim Butcher's first novel that introduces us to the characters that this series is based upon."

Anybody else catch tonights episode? Whatcha think?

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Having it hacked from a 2-hour ep to half that makes it a bit rushed. More like ALOT rushed, IMO. Great to really see some serious magic going on!! The effect for Harry's shield bracelet rocked.

Vocenoctum

First Post
I liked it. Makes it more of a shame that the rest of the series is so different from it. None of the elements in this episode were really in the series so far, so even if it's the first, it's not a mark of the quality of the series.

I do find it humorous that they mentioned Mister, but didn't show him (that I saw). Is a cat too high budget? :)

Darth K'Trava

First Post
The cat was in there. You missed a rather large orange tabby that was, at one time, sitting on Harry's lap??? He was also mentioned, but not by name. Just, "If something large jumps on you, it's just my cat" (paraphrased).

Jamdin

Explorer
I liked the episode overall but it did feel rushed. The orange tabby cat was also seen on Dresden's desk at least once. I was wondering where Bob was in this episode.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
The cat was in there. You missed a rather large orange tabby that was, at one time, sitting on Harry's lap??? He was also mentioned, but not by name. Just, "If something large jumps on you, it's just my cat" (paraphrased).

Must have been during one of my distractions.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Jamdin said:
I liked the episode overall but it did feel rushed. The orange tabby cat was also seen on Dresden's desk at least once. I was wondering where Bob was in this episode.

Maybe they could only afford to have either the cat or Bob for the actual series...

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I enjoyed it and the show overall but it seems they are showing them out of order, going to check on that, and it has throw off the flow.

Remove ads