• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dromus (One) OOC Thread

DemonWolfZero

First Post
Anything, eh?

Okay, so I've already gotten the idea that Ilmordan was probably not using the weakened Sheets' hull to spy on us (atleast not directly), but finding out about the hull so soon after meeting Ilmordan seems too coincidental. I'm trying to figure out ways he could've weakened the hull and my brain is leaning towards Far Realms and Chaos Magic (can't remember if you decided they were an acceptable branch of magic users or not).

That limp of his, can Adinal tie the limp to anything recent in his head? Or theorize a reason for it? Cuz the only injured people I can think of were various soldiers of the Guard and the Captain himself, but it seemed like the Captain or his guards weren't gonna be coming after us too soon, which leads me to believe that this is another interested party.

Could the hull weakening be semi-natural? i.e. based on Droman planar weather? Same goes for the worm Feiran mentioned.

The drinks we were passed, are there any ways we could find out who sent those to us? Checks we can make OOC representing us scanning our memories later on in the adventure or something.

Beyond that, I dunno.

Kelleris

Explorer
Okay, so I've already gotten the idea that Ilmordan was probably not using the weakened Sheets' hull to spy on us (atleast not directly), but finding out about the hull so soon after meeting Ilmordan seems too coincidental. I'm trying to figure out ways he could've weakened the hull and my brain is leaning towards Far Realms and Chaos Magic (can't remember if you decided they were an acceptable branch of magic users or not).

That's probably for the best, anyway, as chaos magic is generally restricted to NPCs anyway, though there's always a chance you could learn it yourself later on. There are spells of the usual arcane variety that could manage these effects, if you care to look for them.

That limp of his, can Adinal tie the limp to anything recent in his head? Or theorize a reason for it? Cuz the only injured people I can think of were various soldiers of the Guard and the Captain himself, but it seemed like the Captain or his guards weren't gonna be coming after us too soon, which leads me to believe that this is another interested party.

The guards would have no interest in pursuing you unless you come to their attention by doing something illegal or extremely noisy. The Captain might, but you don't know how bad his injuries were or how he would round up an unruly mob. Probably your best bets are to brainstorm amongst yourselves and (in-game) try to figure out where your assailants hail from. With that information, you could at least determine whether the Captain's interference is likely, by looking at the travel distances.

Could the hull weakening be semi-natural? i.e. based on Droman planar weather? Same goes for the worm Feiran mentioned.

Could be, almost anything could be, but you doubt it. It's too purposeful and convenient, and the formation of the wood looks placed just to prevent your escape via that route.

The drinks we were passed, are there any ways we could find out who sent those to us? Checks we can make OOC representing us scanning our memories later on in the adventure or something.

Sure, Wis or Int checks at your preference. You could also look back at the read thoughts result from the barmaid; there were some clues in there.

Beyond that, I dunno.

My recommendation is wild theorizing. How else would you deal with conspiracies? ;)

DemonWolfZero

First Post
Hey Mad Hatter, something for you OOC: [sblock]Your tiger is where I am on the other side of the Sheets. It would be in my and his best interests for you to activate your Tiger-talk thing and tell him to go with me. More than that is in my spoilertext in this thread if you want to know why. If you'd rather keep the mystery, this is very much a "Do you trust me?" movie-style situation. If you wanna know WHAT I'm doing that requires him to follow me, check out the this post's spoilertext.[/sblock]

Mad Hatter

First Post
Adinal- [sblock]I activated mindlink. As soon as Kell gives me details, he'll go with you. I didn't order it already because I had already taken, im, too many actions. So I'm gonna wait for the others to go ahead and post before I do so. Is that cool with you?[/sblock]

Jolmo

First Post
Kelleris, I meant the note in the other thread for next round, when I should hopefully be out of reach from the ground, and perhaps able to get to a neighbouring building or in through a window to the second floor of the ship. Is the second floor crowded as well?

I guess it's time I posted some random thoughts on the goings on as well, so here goes:

I don't think Ilmordan is someone we've met already, for it to be the captain, he'd have to first recover, then find out where we went, then get there, and then rally a mob. We pretty much got here without delays and I don't think we spent long in the tavern either (?) so it seems unlikely. Unless he has some weird Far Realms timeshifting ability that is.

Ilmordan might be from the Far Realms or just pretending to, he hasn't done anything weird enough for normal magic not to suffice I think. Does anyone have any clue as to whether the invisible boomers are controlled by him or not?

Did the amulet have anything to do with the Far Realms to begin with? I'm guessing that Ilmordan has some way to sense the amulet, thus the looking through the wall while ignoring those who were outside, and finding us in the first place. Both being from the Far Realms could be an explanation, or just a spell like locate object I guess.

And for later, what do we know of the amulets location? Did Kestral just leave, claiming no knowledge of the amulets whereabouts, or has it done random jumps between us before, so we'd expect it or something?

Kelleris

Explorer
Ah, okay. Well, the second floor is not too badly messed up, but you'll have to find a window and get in, of course. You also don't know what the Sheets has in the way of back ways out.

Well, you've already established that the amulet is a sentient magical item, and it's powerful enough to be of the "mysteriously disappears" variety. It hasn't jumped in this PbP game, but it did once in the tabletop prequel. As for why it's not hopping off onto innocent bystanders, well, there are a few reasons. One is that the average charisma of the party makes it an attractive place to be for the entity of the amulet.

I'll also just note that the stuff you mentioned about the captain means that he would need to be a spellcaster with... odd connections to say the least to pull off what he did. So you should be able to look into that pretty easily at least.

"Invisible boomers"? I'm never going to get to name anything, am I? :p Well, Ilmordan has not given them any vocal commands yet, so there's that to work with. And you have two psychically sensitive people in the party, for whatever that's worth. Probably your best line of thought is considering how the boomers' actions match with what Ilmordan's presumed purpose is.

Kestral was basically sneezed out of existence (easy way out), so you shouldn't have to worry about him any more. I didn't give him the amulet, anyway - one of you carries it - and though he may show up as an NPC in the future he's not part of the plot at the moment.

The amulet's connection to the Far Realms is existent but tenuous at the moment. Adinal knows it's wanted by a sizable cult, but whether that's just because it's a powerful magical item or whether it does something specific FRy isn't certain. Also, the Tower Sorceire wants it pretty badly, and it's absurdly illegal (high treason illegal) for them to muck about with Far Realms artifacts except in a very controlled environment with lots of power-center oversight.

Kelleris

Explorer
Well nuts. Can you tell I don't skim the TtT page very often? :eek: Uhm, I was wondering why the no-posting. I'll think it over and decide what I want to do with Narine, since Isida is, ah, missing a session.

I assume a 3-week hiatus would be a bit much.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads