drothgery's Buffyverse game (IC)

drothgery

First Post
When Gale looks back, it seems like she's lost the tail in the general populace. However, at that point Taylor's sensing that Gale isn't the only demon in the immediate vicinity.

Shayuri

First Post
Taylor has to fight her instincts as a new, unidentified presence enters her awareness. They scream at her to tense and whirl, to grab the nearest weapon and launch herself at the unclean thing behind her. They're not particularly concerned about onlookers or academic records. Taylor however, is.

Fortunately, she has some options. She goes out into the parking lot, and tromps up to one of the cars there. In her reflection in the car's back window, she starts fussing with her hair...but really is more interested in scanning behind her, looking for a person that matches the itchy feeling between her shoulderblades.

drothgery

First Post
Taylor's not sure if she located her tail by slayer powers or fashion sense, but she does know quite well that no one should be wearing a hooded sweatshirt and gloves in summer in San Diego. Also, there's a mark on his face that could pass for a tattoo if you weren't looking too closely, but seems sort of demon-ish to Taylor.

Shalimar

First Post
Gaile trailed along about a hundred feet behind Taylor, wanting to give anyone following the Slayer the chance to get in front of. She didn't want them to get the sense the she was following the other girl, or interested in her. WHen Taylor stopped to check herself out in the car mirror, Gale put her hands in her pockets and pretended that she was digging around for keys to a car, her eyes scanning the parking lot as her hands were patting the pockets of her shorts down.

[Notice +7 to see anyone paying attention to Taylor in the parking lot]

drothgery

First Post
Gale notices the same slightly out of place 'man' that Taylor does. Unfortunately, he notices Gale as well, and bolts for an alley between buildings. The Slayer and the Slyph chase after their tail... and find a less well disguised demon tough who was apparently waiting for their tail.

OOC: If Taylor and Gale don't want to chase their tail, you don't have to. Otherwise, roll for initiative. This could get interesting; it's my first time DM'ing an M&M combat scene.

Shalimar

First Post
"Umm...Taylor...I think I did an oops." Gale called to the Slayer brightly as the demon that had been following Taylor took off running. The little Slyph started to run after the man, or beast, or thingy, she wasn't very particular, a chase was just too much fun.

The little demon must have broke 50 miles per hour in her almost leisurely pursuit of the demon, she wasn't even puffing for breath by the time his buddy turned on her.

"Hi there, I'm Gale. I'll be kicking your butt today, if thats alright with you...although I guess you could just tell us why you were tailing us, but it wouldn't be as much fun." Gale said, breaking off into a frown.

"Hey, do you think you could do me a favor and resist? It would make this whole thing a lot more worthwhile if you did."

Initiative - demon hunting (1d20+17=36)

Shayuri

First Post
Init: 10
Roll Lookup

Taylor reaches back into her backpack and yanks out a weird, semi-organic looking metallic gauntlet that she socks onto her right hand, then clenches her fingers into a fist.

"Lets go."

drothgery

First Post
"I didn't know the slayer had a pet." The larger of the two, the one who had been waiting in the alley, said, throwing a jacket off and pulling out a sword.

"It's a slyph, you dolt." The one who had been tailing you says. "I suppose we'll have to kill them both." He draws a shuriken, or some similar throwing weapon.

Round 1

Gale 36
Demon 'rogue' 22
Demon 'fighter' 16
Taylor 10

OOC: Riley & Gavin (and James, if Jemal gets back to ENWorld) will realize the girls are late fairly soon.

Shalimar

First Post
"Thank you." Gale calls cheerfully, and then seems to blur straight out of sight as she started use all of her speed. when your as fast as the wind itself, not much can keep up with you.

Gale flashed forward, using the wind itself to add velocity and power to her strike. She was only visible for a moment and then she was gone, standing 120 feet away, behind and above the demons up on a roof overlooking the alley.

[OOC: Move-by-Action - Strike on the demon rogue - Ending 120 feet away (she can move 500 ft in one flight/run action)

1d20+8 (Toughness DC 23) - Enemy are flat footed?]

drothgery

First Post
The demon rogue collapses into unconciousness as he's hit by the concentrated blast of wind from the Slyph's strike (critical hit, failed his toughness save by 15+). Perhaps these guys aren't as tough as they think?

The other charges Taylor, bringing down his sword at her. The Slayer blocks his blade with her glove at the last second. (attack HITS, but toughness save SUCCEEDS)

Remove ads