drothgery's Buffyverse game (IC)

Shalimar

First Post
"I haven't noticed anyon following Gale but me since I started, and my senses are pretty good, not as good as an ancient, but I'm a lot more fun, so it balances out I guess." Gale assured the others.

"So where are we going this time Taylor? Hmm...it'll be kind of weird to follow you when I know where your going...should I keep followng you while trying to be hidden so anyone else following doesn't notice a change, or would it be better to not waste the effort on trying to hide and just pay more attention?"

jkason

First Post
Gavin Peterson

Gavin frowns.

"I guess I could see if I can talk to the guys in the morgue, see if they noticed anything during the autopsies. Maybe they have a tattoo or mark of some kind that could point the way?"

((OOC: Sorry. Having a heck of a time getting the boards to load for me.))

Velmont

First Post
"Ok, let's get into action. I'll try to gather everything we have in our databases that is linked to Li Zheng, Wolfram and Hart and on the four victims. I'll try to get out everything, even the things that looks useless at first sight in case we come on more information." tells Riley. "I'll need to go back to the office to get everything quickly. I will contact you as soon as I have them. It should not take too long."

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Jemal hasn't been on ENWorld this month, so I guess I'm going to move along without him for now.
[/sblock]

Taylor

With no real leads, Taylor heads back to campus for her afternoon classes while Gavin, James, and Riley investigate the medical, mystical, and background aspects of the murders.

Riley

Heading back to your office, you try to put together everything you've already learned, or can quickly find out, about this case. You already know where they were last seen -- bars frequented by sailors near one of the many Navy bases in San Diego -- and where their bodies were found (somewhat north of there). And you already had the unclassified background files on the sailors.

You also dig up the old unresolved ten year old case file from the Zheng murders, and any current information on Li Zheng.

[sblock=OOC]
Natural 20 on the Gather Information roll = 26.

As far the official records can tell, Li dropped out of school and studied with a private tutor after her parents' death, and has taken enough college courses over the internet to get a computer science degree. She had some work done on their beachfront house in La Jolla -- where she still seems to live, or at least gets mail and pays taxes from there. She also has a concealed firearms permit. A tax attorney from Wolfram & Hart appears to be her financial agent, and you get the name. Other than her parents and the most recent dead sailors, there don't seem to be any suspicious deaths that are clearly connected to her.
[/sblock]

Kelly calls you while you're working, to fill you in on what she's been doing. She's been investigating the backgrounds on the dead sailors. All four sailors were members of the same unit, and were on a classified assignment together outside of the US until a few weeks before the first of the murders. Their families seem to know less of what they actually do than most military families. And it took calling in a lot of favors to get the names of the rest of their unit so she could set up protection for them.

Gavin

As far as anyone you're able to talk to knows, the bodies didn't have any unusual tatoos or other marks (not surprisingly, they did have some tatoos; they're sailors, after all).

James

[sblock=ooc]
Gather Information = rolled 13 + 10 = 23
[/sblock]

With some asking around, James learn that shortly before the sailors started dropping dead, some sort of major player from out of town visited the Wolfram & Hart offices.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Gale does her best to follow along behind Taylor, paying attention not to the slayer, but to anyone who happens to be watching her. Its a good task for the Slyph who's natural inclination is towards hyperactivity, an order to keep looking around for someone or something new fits very well.

[OOC: Notice +7]

Shayuri

First Post
"I haven't noticed anyon following Gale but me since I started, and my senses are pretty good, not as good as an ancient, but I'm a lot more fun, so it balances out I guess." Gale assured the others.

"So where are we going this time Taylor? Hmm...it'll be kind of weird to follow you when I know where your going...should I keep followng you while trying to be hidden so anyone else following doesn't notice a change, or would it be better to not waste the effort on trying to hide and just pay more attention?"

"Definitely stay hidden," Taylor advises. She looks at the others. "I have to take off...I've got classes. James, share my cellphone number around, ok? If anyone bumps into trouble, give me a call."

With that she hurries out to catch the bus back to the U.

(eyargh, sorry for the delay...trying to get caught up, and weekend's turning out to be busier than anticipated, back now though!)

jkason

First Post
Gavin

As far as anyone you're able to talk to knows, the bodies didn't have any unusual tatoos or other marks (not surprisingly, they did have some tatoos; they're sailors, after all).

Gavin sighs. So much for that avenue, though he supposes it's at least useful to have ruled it out.

Without much more in the way of investigative contacts, the medic gets himself a bit to eat before heading out toward the campus to check in with Taylor and the others.

Velmont

First Post
Riley calls James and tells him the extend of his finds once he has done his research. He also tell him he got the name of the financial agent of Li if they want to track the money lead. Now that his search was finish, he will be heading back with the group.

Once he arrive, he cross Taylor leaving for the University and finds the others. "So, what have you found on your sides" asks Riley to the ones in the room. "And what next?"

drothgery

First Post
Gale does her best to follow along behind Taylor, paying attention not to the slayer, but to anyone who happens to be watching her. Its a good task for the Slyph who's natural inclination is towards hyperactivity, an order to keep looking around for someone or something new fits very well.

[OOC: Notice +7]

[sblock=Gale]
Notice 18+7 = 25

When Taylor is leaving her last class to meet up with the others, Gale notices someone following them.
[/sblock]

Shalimar

First Post
Well...I didn't think I'd find someone that easily, maybe I should be a private eye? That would be cool, but it might get boring too...oh well, my job right now is to find out who this person is., the little slyph thought to herself. She decided to stop tailing Taylor and follow their new friend instead, though it was likely they end up in the same place anyway if he was following Taylor.

[Notice check to discern any details about the tail.]

Remove ads