drothgery's Buffyverse game (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
Sparks fly from where the two implements meet, and Taylor looks out from behind the Giger-esque black iron tendrils of her gauntlet with a feral grin.

"Oops."

She dives sideways, rolling away from the demon...for all the world looking like she's going to get some distance. But she catches her feet on the pavement in mid-roll and suddenly turns the somersault into a forward leap...straight at the demon, glove-first!

(Strike! To hit: 18, damage DC 23, nonlethal!)
Roll Lookup

drothgery

First Post
(rolls a 3 on the toughness save...) The demonic warrior collapses in a heap just as quickly as his friend did.

Both the Slyph and the Slayer get the vague impression they're being watched. Taylor's cell phone is signaling she's got a text message.

[sblock=Taylor]
Won't be at the meeting. Car trouble.
- James
[/sblock]

OOC: And between poor rolls on my part and a set-up that wasn't supposed to be all that challenging to begin with (I guess PL6 monsters aren't even effective nuisances for PL8 heroes -- or one PL6 villain and one PL5 villian with a +1 to everything, anyway), that went by a bit too quickly.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I think there was a part of luck here. A critical hit and a bad toughness save... and weaker opponent helped too.[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Yar...I'm gonna say this was more freakish dice than mismatching PL's. Normally a PL less or more isn't -that- big a deal as long as no one's got maxed out Impervious Toughness. Two PL's less or more gives a noticible advantage to one side, but it's not generally 'mere nuisence' status. Usually. :))

Taylor checks her phone and frowns. What, he couldn't get a cab?

"Not bad, Gale. Did you leave him alive? We may have questions for these suckers."

Even as she spoke though, she had a sour feeling in the pit of her stomach. Not just from being watched...she was getting used to that.

These guys didn't have a chance against us. Maybe it was just to see what we could do...or to distract us from something else happening.

"Actually, I -know- we have questions."

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Unless you explicitly say otherwise or are fighting vampires, I'm assuming you're doing nonlethal damage (and so are they). That's the default in M&M.

Shalimar

First Post
"Well that was fun...kinda short though Taylor. Do you think you could go annoy someone else so we can have some more fun?" Gale asks, floating down lazily from the roof to land beside the slayer.

"Do you get the feeling we're being watched at all?" she adds, looking around curiosly.

OOC: Using my quickness 3 to take twenty on a Notice Check - 27 total

drothgery

First Post
Gale doesn't see anything specific watching them, though she still thinks someone is.

[sblock=notice checks]
Actually, Gale and Taylor needed to beat DC 25 notice checks to get a vague sensation of being watched. But my d20 seems to like them for now.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Gale and Taylor - do you want to interogate the demons here, bring them somewhere for questioning, or just leave them and go on to the meeting.

Gavin and Riley show up at the meeting place, but the girls and the watcher seem to have been delayed.

jkason

First Post
Gavin

Gavin glances at the clock in his cell again, looking around.

"Not like both of them to be so late," Gavin says to Riley. "You haven't heard anything, have you?" He holds off for now sending any nagging texts, but the worry is starting to show on his face.

Shalimar

First Post
"Umm...do you have Gavin's number? Or that other guy? We could call them and move the meeting somewhere close so we can bring these naughty little demons." Gale suggested.

----------

OOC: I think a meet up and group interrogation would be best.

Remove ads