drothgery's Buffyverse game (IC)

jkason

First Post
Gavin Peterson

Despite himself, Gavin chuckles at the optometrist comment, though he's unsure of whether it was intended to be a joke; Gale's experience with human society seems to be fairly limited.

"So the problem's bigger than a vampire, 'cause now we need to figure out who the heck needs to hire a vampire to kill sailors. We're sure the sailors were human, aren't we?"

Velmont

First Post
"Agree. Li seems to be the hand behind those crimes. It is the head of the operation that interest us more. As James' contact has told him, if it continues, it would bring the government agent in this city, and even for the police, it is hard to do our work properly when those goons put stick into your wheels." replies Riley.

"Li must be Li Zheng. She was the daughter of two rich person of San Diego. They got murder and she got the inheritance. No one was accused of that crime. Also, her attorney, Wolfram & Hart associates, has done their work for free, telling they wouldn’t take money from a kid who just lost her parents. As Li have inherited a lot of money, we could first look where that money have gone. She needs some to do her operation. If we can trace some of them she used recently, it might help us to find her." suggests the policeman.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]
I know English isn't your first language, so I try not to nitpick grammar, but do you think you could check your post in an English-language version of Word or some other grammar checker? Sometimes I have a lot of trouble figuring out what you're trying to say.

Thanks.

Also, right now you're the only one who knows Li the vampire assassin is probably Li Zheng, daughter of two fairly rich people murdered ten years ago. James' info didn't make that connection, and the rest of the PCs weren't in San Diego ten years ago, or at least weren't following crime reports that closesly.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
"So the problem's bigger than a vampire, 'cause now we need to figure out who the heck needs to hire a vampire to kill sailors. We're sure the sailors were human, aren't we?"

OOC: Everything you've seen from the bodies, and the forsenic reports on the previous victims, strongly indicates the men were human.

"I'm wondering more about who they were and what they were doing than any possibility they might be something other than human." James said. "If you and your friend from NCIS can't find out... well, I can contact the council, and they can contact someone who ought to know where American soldiers are mixed up with what's traditionally been the Slayer's business. Somewhat roundabout, though."

Shalimar

First Post
"Why would you assume that they were doing something they shouldn't? Aren't humans that work for the government suppoused to be able to do whatever they want in their own country? Not that I want the government to get very interested in vampires and stuff...but aren't they suppoused to be protecting people?" Gale asks the watcher curiously.

"Although they probably should have been protecting themselves first, one cannot protect someone else if one is a few gallons of blood short."

[Knowledge: Arcane +5 check to try and come up with anything about the government and supernatural]

drothgery

First Post
"Why would you assume that they were doing something they shouldn't? Aren't humans that work for the government suppoused to be able to do whatever they want in their own country? Not that I want the government to get very interested in vampires and stuff...but aren't they suppoused to be protecting people?" Gale asks the watcher curiously.

"I'm not saying that they were doing something they shouldn't be doing. Just that they probably crossed paths with 'vampires and stuff', as you put it, before our undead assassin killed them." He said.

[Knowledge: Arcane +5 check to try and come up with anything about the government and supernatural]

[sblock=OOC]
11 on the Arcane Knowledge check says you don't come up with anything. The Initiative and related elements never bothered much with slyphs, and the biggest thing they were involved in was ten years ago -- in the time span between 'five minutes ago' and 'ancient traditions and legends' that slyphs rarely pick things up from.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"I would bring another question. Li seems a professional in the art of killing. Why would she leaves some trace of her vampire heritage. Is it some kind of signature, does she want to leave a message. Does she want to fool someone…"

Shayuri

First Post
Taylor nods at Riley. "He's got a point. This isn't exactly subtle. Though..."

She thinks about it. "It sort of IS, really. I mean, these could look like ordinary vampire kills. It's only when you look at the backstory that you start to realize who's really behind this. Maybe Li's trying to pretend to be a normal vampire. So we don't look too carefully at who died, and who might be next."

Shalimar

First Post
"Wouldn't an ordinary vampire just drink them all down to the last drop though? Its the fact that they aren't drunk dry that is making us look for alternate things."

"It could just be that this vampire girl is kind of ditzy though...its not like getting bitten makes you any smarter."

Remove ads