drothgery's Buffyverse game (IC)

Velmont

First Post
"Sylph are demons? Aren't they some kind of faerie? I remember a Shakespear act with a sylph... was it Shakespear... anyway. And I thought demon was evil... I'll trust your judgement. Anyway, for now, she seems peacefull and civilized, which make a change with vampires." replies Riley. "Maybe we could continue this discussion somewhere else. I don't like much to be overheard in a public place when we are talking about such thing."

Shalimar

First Post
"I can't disagree with the 'Ooh Shiny' comment, even if I want to. We're all sort of...flighty....yes, I think flighty is a good word." the little blond demon says, trying out the word thoughtfully before sounding satisfied with it. "We tend to live in the moment, I think a doctor would diagnose us with ADHD...or maybe ADHHHHD. I'm more focused than my mother or my sisters and cousins though." she explains.

"They think I'm a little boring since I tend to stick things out a bit longer than they do. They were curious when the slayer first showed up but it passed after a day or two."

Shayuri

First Post
Taylor listens to everything with a progressively more and more despairing expression. Finally she mutters, "Can I kill this one? No...no you can't. C'mon James, please? No, really...your job is to protect mankind, not indulge in a killing spree."

With a sigh she relaxes a bit from her tense, readier posture. "It's just like having him here."

"All right, so...that turned out to be a bucketful of anticlimax. Someone remind me what we were doing again? Oh right, finding the old British guy."

Taylor glances around at each of the others hopefully. "I don't suppose anyone has a car?"

Shalimar

First Post
Gale listens to Taylor's muttering very intently, as if she is hanging on every word. "Is it normal for you humans to talk to yourselves?" she asks, blinking, but seemingly undismayed by the subject matter.

"Sorry, I don't have a car. I don't think any Slyphs do. We can fly, you know? Or since you haven't heard of Slyphs I guess you don't know. We can fly. I could carry you if you want...not all of you at once, but I could carry you Taylor, you don't look too heavy." the little blond demon offered.

Velmont

First Post
"I have one. Let's go." tells Riley. He leads the group toward the parking. He whispers to Taylor. "What do you think of that Sylph. She sounds like a little girl, I'm not sure it is the kind of person we want around when the bad guys come in."

jkason

First Post
Gavin Peterson

Gavin shakes his head, "I've just got my bike," he says. When Riley offers to drive the slayer, Gavin nods. "I'll follow behind on my ride."

drothgery

First Post
A quick phone call to James reveals that he's meeting one of his contacts for an early lunch in Del Mar, but he promised not to bring the Slayer with him. A quick discussion ends up James agreeing to meet everyone at another restaurant, just down the street from where James is meeting with Vin.

The drive from Scripps up to Del Mar is relatively short and would have been scenic if it weren't somewhat routine for you, passing by some of UCSD, the famous Torrey Pines golf course (and state park), and a few biotech companies before ending up in one of the many small establishments along highway 101. Not surprisingly, Gavin has much less difficulty finding parking, but eventually Riley does as well.

A few minutes later, James walks in.

Shayuri

First Post
Taylor sprang to her feet, a genuine smile appearing on her face when she saw her Watcher enter. She quickly waved at him to signal him over, then sat back down. Affecting an attitude of nonchalance she glanced up as he came over and said, "Hey. Glad you could make it. We found a slyph, can we keep it?"

drothgery

First Post
OOC: I'm going to try and avoid committing James to much while Jemal's unavailable, so after this meeting I'm going to come up with some excuse for him not being around until Jemal gets back. I rather hope he is, in fact, supposed to be British...

"Bloody hell." He mutters.

After you tell him what you've learned, he relays what he heard from Vin the snitch.

[sblock=Riley]
When you hear the name Li, and that the vampire assassin appears to have connections to Wolfram and Hart, you finally put together what was bugging you about the sketch your people put together.

Roger and Michelle Zheng (both having followed the common practice of Chinese immigrants in their generation of taking Americanized names) were murdered ten years ago. Since he was a senior research engineer for Qualcomm, and she was a surgeon, their teenage daughter Li was due to inherit a substantial amount of of money and collect on two hefty life insurance policies. However, her attorneys -- Wolfram & Hart associates -- argued that even considering charging a brilliant girl who had tragicly lost her parents was patently absurd. No one was ever convicted of the crime. But the sketch was an almost perfect match for seventeen-year-old Li Zheng.
[/sblock]

Shalimar

First Post
"I'm a her, not an it." Gale commented, pouting, she didn't object to the rest of the phrasing of the question though. The little blond adjusted her gauzey purple sun for a moment nervously while waiting for a response, and then she grew bored with just waiting, or rather her curiosity over powered her restraint, a rather common occurance for slyph.

"So did you have to go to a watcher school Mister Watcher? Or would it be going to an optometrist?" she asked curiously. "Oh...I'm Gale, Gale of the Tuuli clan. My mom is the Matron of the clan."

"Oh, does this mean that the really mean person is this girl then? If she was with those stinky lawyers she could be really naughty, you know? Does this mean your going to go hunt her? Can I come? I've never been with a slayer on a hunt before, it must be absolutely fascinating."

Remove ads