drothgery's Buffyverse game (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
Taylor grimaces at that and holds up her hands in a 'warding off' gesture.

"I don't need to touch it. I don't -want- to touch it. Looking's fine. Trust me."

She shivers.

"Lets get this over with. Which way?"

Shalimar

First Post
Louder then I thought it would be, Gale mused to herself, drifting closer to try and hear better, most likely too close, but it wasn't as if Slyphs were burdened with an over abundance of common sense. Not wanting to miss anything Gale followed closer than before, excitement over-riding her sense of self-preservation.

drothgery

First Post
Kelly's (the Hispanic woman dressed like a lawyer) cell phone rings. After a quick conversation, she pokes her head in.

"Call me when you want to start interviewing people on-base. I've got to head back to the office." She said.

Making their way to the morgue, Taylor quickly ascertained the sailor had, in fact, died of a vampire bite, at least as far as she could tell. If she were to guess, she'd say he was drained just enough to kill him, not really to feed.

[sblock=ooc]
17 on the Investigate check.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"This...doesn't make any sense," Taylor said after a few minutes of peering at the corpse, and at the report that had been filed from the crime scene.

"I mean, it's definitely a vampire bite. Those are real fang marks. You can see the little...rings around the holes, where the blood's pooled under the skin because he was sucking it all out. Which is the problem too, because he didn't suck it all out."

She scowls...pouts, really...and turns to face Gavin. "Vampires usually only kill people to feed, or to make more vampires. Either way, they take all the blood. This was very precise. Whoever did it took just enough blood to kill the guy, but no more. And vampires don't do that. There's no such thing as portion control for vamps. They don't join Weight Watchers. If they bite you it's because they want your blood; all of it."

Unconsciously, Taylor pulled her lips back from her teeth and tapped them.

"I think I need to call James on this. Maybe it's some kind of...weird, vampire serial killer or something."

jkason

First Post
Gavin Peterson

Gavin bites his lip. "Just when I thought I had vamps figured out, now I find out they come in different flavors," he says nervously.

"Well, as long as we know this one isn't waking up to wander the halls feeding on patients, I guess we have time to do book-digging, which has James written all over it."

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Notice: +7, Knowledge: Arcane Lore +5

Trying to overhear and then fit the pieces together.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
16 on the notice check succeeds; you overhear enough to get the gist of what they're talking about.

9 on the arcane lore check fails; you're just as baffled as they are.
[/sblock]

Shalimar

First Post
Gale listened to the discussion about the wounds quite curiosly, obviously Taylor was a good choice to follow, such fascinating problems, the Slyph thought to herself, smiling happily.

Still...a vampire that drained someone, but only enough to kill, but didn't drink it all. It was...fascinating. She wondered if this vampire would be as fun to follow around as the slayer...maybe the vampire would be fun to follow, but with the slayer looking it probably wouldn't be fun for any longer than it took the girl to find out where the vamp was.

Why wouldn't a vampire drink all of a person's blood if they'd already bitten them, maybe they just weren't hungry anymore. They had got all slooshy with all the blood and couldn't drink another drop? But then there would be other bodies, unless they kept those other bodies. It was really weird. It would be nice to see what the Slayer and the Watcher made of the situation.

Velmont

First Post
"We need to add that fact to this strange case. It is the forth member of the navy killed like that. They have made no opposition, or so it seems as there is no sign of fight on them. And we talk about people who know what a fight is.

For now, what we know, it is we have a anorexic cheerleader vampire watching her weight and hunting military who could, at first sight, handle themselves against such predator... all that make a lot of sense.

We must miss something. Isn't there anything else than vampire that feed on blood?"
asks Riley.

Remove ads