Pathfinder 1E Drow Homeland?

koesherbacon

First Post
I think I've already asked this, but I can't find my own thread which is odd. Anyway, if the Drow homeland is Menzoberranzan in the Underdark in DND, what's the name of the Drow homeland in The Darklands in Pathfinder?

I have the book Into the Darklands, but I can't seem to figure out which is the Drow's major settlement.

Thanks a bunch, sorry if I double posted this. Like I said, I can't find that other thread.

koesherbacon

First Post
I seem to have found it. It's "Zirnakaynin" and is located in Sekamina no Orv (where I was originally looking) for anyone else who couldn't located it themselves.

skinnydwarf

Explorer
I think I've already asked this, but I can't find my own thread which is odd. Anyway, if the Drow homeland is Menzoberranzan in the Underdark in DND, what's the name of the Drow homeland in The Darklands in Pathfinder?

I have the book Into the Darklands, but I can't seem to figure out which is the Drow's major settlement.

Thanks a bunch, sorry if I double posted this. Like I said, I can't find that other thread.

Also, Menzoberranzan is a minor Drow city, it just looms large in the public imagination because that's where Drizzt comes from, and thus a lot of stories are set there.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
And, it should be noted, that Menzoberranzen (or whatever the sp is) is a drow city [as noted above, large in the public imagination, another thanks so much Dripp'z] in the Forgotten Realms. It is not the home of Drow-kind "in D&D."

1e's "Descent to the Depths of the Earth" (D3 "Vault of the Drow", specifically) housed a large drowish [?] enclave in a place called Erelhei-Cinlu. Though, to my recollection, never established it as the "center/homeland" of all drow elves, simply a stronghold/area and city ruled by them. It can be assumed, though again I don't remember if it was specifically called out, that this is placed in (under) the world of Greyhawk.

So, basically, whatever the PF wiki or "D&D lore" states...you can put them wherever you like! Give the place a name. Make it your own. :)

Yora

Legend
The native homeland of drow in the Forgotten Realms is actually far in the south, in the suptropical region that is now the Shaar. When they had to go underground, they were spreading everywhere through the underdark.

William Ronald

Explorer
The drow on Golarion have a separate origin than the drow of Tori or Oerth, in that the drow of Golarion went into the Darklands circa -10,000 Arbsalom Reckoning, nearly 15,000 years ago. There, they changed under the influence of Rovagug. Thus, the drow of Golarion, in terms of their having different abilities than the drow of Toril, apper to have obtained their present forms and powers first.

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
If I remember it correctly, the Forgotten Realms drow, were actually evil, jungle dwelling surface elves that already worshipped spiders, before continuous war with other elves and sentients forced them down into the Underdark. So not even is Menzobarrenzan not the FR drow homeland, but neither is the Underdark their homeland, technically speaking.

Regarding PF drow, I don't know, though I play PF pretty exclusively, I always use my own published setting or homebrew settings and never use Golarian, so Golarian lore is outside my knowledge base.

Remove ads