• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Druid] Call of the Beast hits friendlies

darkInertia

First Post
How have/would you handle the case where the druid casts call of the beast and it hits one of the druid's allies? Specifically, the part of the power that inflicts psychic damage on the target if it doesn't "attack the druid's nearest ally."

Mort_Q

First Post
Whereas I question their choice to make the target "each creature in burst," I'm not sure what your question is.

If the ally is hit with the power, it needs to attack an ally or take the damage.

Personally, I'd just avoid using this power on allies.

darkInertia

First Post
My confusion comes from whether the term "ally" is applied relative to each target's perspective or if it's based on the casting druid's perspective.

frankthedm

First Post
My confusion comes from whether the term "ally" is applied relative to each target's perspective or if it's based on the casting druid's perspective.
:uhoh:To me it is pretty obvious the power, all powers infact, are talking to the caster, not the victim. Indeed, hit an ally with this power and it looks like they have to hit themselves to avoid the damage:]. This is definitely a power to be careful with.
Standard Action
Area burst 1 within 10 squares
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: The target can’t gain combat advantage until the end of your next turn. In addition, on its next turn the target takes psychic damage equal to 5 + your Wisdom modifier when it makes any attack that doesn’t include your ally nearest to it as a target.
mort q said:
If the ally is hit with the power, it needs to attack an ally or take the damage.
Actually it has to attack the druid's ally nearest to itself. Itself.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads