• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Druid trading Animal Companion for Ranger Combat Style?

Slaved

First Post
Would it be all right balance wise for a Druid to trade their Animal Companion for the Rangers Combat Style Feats?

If it is too big of a loss for the Druid what about the Ranger Combat Style Feats and 2 extra Skill Points each level?

PoeticJustice

First Post
I think it's a fair trade, even if it's only Leadership. One scaling feat for another.

Anyway, I happen to think a Druid's animal companion is a very desirable class feature, so I might be biased, but I think it's a fair trade.

Jack Simth

First Post
Slaved said:
Would it be all right balance wise for a Druid to trade their Animal Companion for the Rangers Combat Style Feats?

If it is too big of a loss for the Druid what about the Ranger Combat Style Feats and 2 extra Skill Points each level?
The Druid's animal companion isn't that valuable.

Trade Wildshape in for the Ranger's Combat Style progression? Maybe. The animal companion? Not so much.

Slaved

First Post
Do people really feel that the Druids Animal Companion is very low in value? At First Level the Animal Companion can be a much larger threat than the Druid and at higher levels the Druid could have a crazy Huge Dire Lion! :D :D :D

I guess I rate the Druids Animal Companion a little bit higher than some. :confused: :uhoh: :confused:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Leadership is ZOMG TEH BEST FEAT EVAR and thus giving something roughly equivalent up is giving up quite a lot.

I'd allow the Ranger Combat Style in place of Animal Companion, and frankly consider it a mild nerf. Druids aren't going to get nearly as much out of TWF or Archery as a Ranger would, since they have lower BAB, and since their time is usually better spent acting as a spellcasting Controller, or turning into a bear and eating people's faces.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads