DT's Old School Campaign- (Chapter 4: The Guild and The Girl)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Oh yeah, we'd better hurry, just in case." They hurried out of the alley and into the crowd, package held tight and eyes alert to any more trouble. "Do you think they know or heard where we were headed with this?"

garyh

First Post
"It sounded more like they just spotted us as a mark coming off the ship, so I don't see how they could know where we're headed," Hilmdyn replies.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The party went down to Murky Street and onto Beggar's Street without incident, though the package seemed to get heavier in Rovan's hand as they continued while the night grew darker and chillier as a deep fog settled in.

They took a right after the Tripping Trident and onto Hedonist Street, with its red lamps hung over doorways, casting crimson light over lithe forms that beckoned the party to come closer. The group ignored the offers of the purchasable women as well as the strange devices and services offered by the occasional decadent shop until they reached the opening of the Plaza of Profuse Pleasures.

There were a number of women in the Plaza, more than on Hedonist Street to be sure. Most congregated in groups until they saw a mark among the various nobles, mercenaries, and sailors who had come for either curiosity or business.

Three approached the party themselves, a young lady just out of her teenage years, a more middle-aged one who still retained a hint of her former attractiveness, and an older woman who should have given up the career long ago. The young one asked,"What have you got there young man? A gift for me and my lady friends? Well, we like gifts..."

They attempted to block your path, the three women taking turns making offers to each of the men while ignoring Lola.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lola stepped between the boys and women and glared at them with a raised eyebrow. Now wouldn't be the time for her companions to get distracted, not like this. "Even if we WERE looking for some enjoyment tonight it wouldn't be from the likes of you. We're in a hurry so step aside or my friends," she nodded towards Hilmdyn and Edvan, "Won't ever be returning here," she said forcefully, staring the young one down.

garyh

First Post
Hilmdyn looks at the women dismissively. "Bah, I have no interest in you city women. You'd snap in half before the fun started. I prefer strong country women."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lola's mouth twitched but she manged to keep the giggle from coming out of her pursed lips, though it was quite difficult.

Fenris

Adventurer
Rovan grins at the women, and even more broadly as Lola steps up to confront them.

"Sorry ladies but I have no gifts for anyone today and I am quite taken by a beautiful woman so I have no need of your company." says Rovan.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The women countered with coy protests until Hilmdyn's silenced them into stunned anger. As the party smiled at one another and walked west the ladies began to speak in unison, "Four friends bonded by poverty past, now hold treasure hid in pursed lips, danger they walk to fate unseen." Once the pronouncement was made they looked at one another as if confused by the moment and left the party to their own devices. The group shrugged and moved on, easily finding the tall, narrow building with three ancient, worn gargoyles that stared menacingly down from an archway over two double doors. Each of the double doors had a demonic, grim face and in the mouth of each face was a metal ring with a weight on the bottom that acted as a knocker.

Fenris

Adventurer
Rovan looked at the door and turned smiling to his friends. The increasing weight of the package was a strain for him now, but he was still smiling. "This could be a great opportunity for us my friends. Tretchner's own man failed to deliver this package, and we succeeded. Aside from asking for a delivery fee (which we shall omit that Captain Bear already paid) the old Sorcerer may be in need of a few stalwart delivery people eh? " says Rovan with a wink before he reaches out and uses the middle gargoyle to knock with.

Last edited:

Remove ads