Dungeon of the Mad Mage Maps and Miscellany Review aka Rip Off.

Too busy: my preference is for the old blue scale maps, very easy to use and get the lay of the land without anything getting in the way. Also, easier to copy. Love the maps in the recent products.
But color doesn't make a map too busy. Color used correctly makes a map more informative. And easier to copy... again, depending upon your source and your copier, color doesn't impact that either. Now, color copies are more expensive, so I understand that.

Just noticed this on the site, for release in February next year, might fit what some here are looking for in general: http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tab...s/dungeons-dragons-tactical-maps-reincarnated
But they are color! You don't like color!

Besides, those are just reprints of poster/battlemaps I already have :) You might even be able to find them on eBay for less :)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
But color doesn't make a map too busy. Color used correctly makes a map more informative. And easier to copy... again, depending upon your source and your copier, color doesn't impact that either. Now, color copies are more expensive, so I understand that.

Besides, those are just reprints of poster/battlemaps I already have :) You might even be able to find them on eBay for less :)

Oh, I have no plans to buy it. Just saw it.

jasper

Rotten DM

True Color used correctly makes a map more informative
repeat Color used correctly makes a map more informative

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
It makes me sad that they don't have a bunch of printable PDF handouts and maps you can download from WOTC
Do you subscribe to or otherwise check out Dragon+? They have a regular feature called "Maps of the Month" where you can get several high-res digital maps for free every month. They have already released most if not all the maps from Tomb of Annihiliation for free that way.

Also, there is a free download of handouts for Curse of Strahd here:
http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/CoS_Handouts.pdf

Remove ads