• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General #Dungeon23

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Please no one listen to this guy about anything, ever. He's literally a wrong-elemental.
Wow. That's certainly a...reaction. He's had some terrible takes but a few of his videos make a lot of sense, like these. He's basically taking the idea of Jaquaysing the dungeon that the Alexandrian talked about in the article I linked above (that you liked), and he's using examples from Jaquays' actual work in video games to expand on the point.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Wow. That's certainly a...reaction. He's had some terrible takes but a few of his videos make a lot of sense, like these. He's basically taking the idea of Jaquaysing the dungeon that the Alexandrian talked about in the article I linked above (that you liked), and he's using examples from Jaquays' actual work in video games to expand on the point.
I mean, I'm not hiding my bias. I'm just saying that guy sucks.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I mean, I'm not hiding my bias. I'm just saying that guy sucks.
Sure. I'm just curious why you think that. Again, he's done some really trash and clickbait videos with some terrible takes. But a few of his videos are okay and one or two have been kinda good. Including the two linked above. I mean "that guy sucks" and "he's literally a wrong-elemental" are pretty strong takes.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Because you can get people talking about Jacquaysing the dungeon from the Alexandrian's YouTube channel directly or get it from smart guys who aren't clickbait like the Lazy DM/Sly Flourish/Mike Shea instead.

A stopped clock might be right twice a day, but that doesn't mean you should put it in the front hall and suggest everyone consult it instead of, you know, a decent clock.

rogue_richard

Explorer
Burnout. This project is almost a perfect recipe for burnout. So take it easy and don’t feel like you must keep up. Go at a fun pace.
In my case, it has helped me start breaking down a massive case of writer's block that has plagued me for nearly two years. As soon as I started planning and brainstorming, I began feeling motivated to work on my other projects.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
My first entry into Dungeon 23 is more along the World 23 angle. There will be dungeons, but I'd rather build actionable lore for my players than a thought-exercise megadungeon

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
I'm starting now. Just bought a notebook.

So...what's the best way to share progress? One big thread where everybody posts?

Remove ads