D&D General #Dungeon23

M_Natas

Hero
Day 2 of Dungeon23 - the New Potential HQ of the Group in the starting town. An aboneded lighthouse that was bought by the representative of the group patron, because it was cheap. It turns out to be a mino Dungeon by itself.
At first I was a little worried if I can get enough rooms informiert 365 days. But now that on day 2 an Idea for one room sprawled into 7 ... I'm a little less worried.
The most I'm now worried about is that down the line I may not be able to read my own handwriting 😅
20230102_081527.jpg

Reynard

Legend
I'm getting hung up on how to do maps. I am looking for a good digital solution, but getting pretty frustrated in that regard.
This is why I went with Dyson's work. He has such a high volume of diverse maps and the work is suggestive but clean, so easy to theme yourself.

Donjon does pretty good classic random maps with plenty of dials.

Quickleaf

Legend
I'm getting hung up on how to do maps. I am looking for a good digital solution, but getting pretty frustrated in that regard.
There was an interesting alternative to Dungeon Scrawl I just found - web-based, simple, OSR-esque feel – but for the life of me I can't locate it again when googling. It seemed to have a couple different geometries that Dungeon Scrawl can't yet handle, but it shared many of Dungeon Scrawl's limits.

If I were doing this digitally, I'd either invest in a Wacom tablet and use whatever graphics software you're comfortable with, or else stick to something like Dungeon Scrawl, Mipiu, DJ's Dungeon Mapper, etc. Personally wouldn't go for the higher learning curve / prettier graphical softwares like DungeonFog, Dungeon Alchemist, Dungeon Draft, or Campaign Cartographer stuff.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
who's participating?
I've started doing this. I'm taking a system agnostic, minimalist approach. I'm using the "Solo Dungeon Adventures" tables from The Strategic Review, #1 and the dungeon matrix from the LBBs (1974). I spent some time getting set up yesterday, but so far I've been surprised how little actual time I'm spending on creating the rooms. The challenge for me is pacing myself and waiting until tomorrow to do the next room. I've already got two more rooms and a door that might have a room behind it to do over the next few days. Can't wait to find out what's in them!

Remove ads