• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon's Adventure Path: Life's Bazaar...looking for interest.

Badger

First Post
Take your time amigo...no need to rush and miss anything you may have wanted to do.

I don't think we're going anywhere..:)

Badger

Festy_Dog

First Post
Griswald Rivenstone; male dwarf; LG; paladin 1; 0 / 1000 xp;

hgt - 4'5"; wgt - 293.5lb = 184(character) + 109.5(equipment); diety - Heironeous

str 14; dex 10; con 16; int 12; wis 14; cha 13;

HD 1d10+3; hp 13;

BA +1; +3 melee (dwarven waraxe) d10+2; +1 ranged (shortbow) d6;

AC - 16 = 10(base) + 4(armour) + 2(shield)

speed 20'(15' - medium encumberance); init +0;

saves - fort +6; reflex +1; will +3;

racial abilities -
darkvision 60'
stonecunning
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison
+2 racial bonus on saving throws against spells and spell-like effects
+1 racial bonus to attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids
+4 dodge bonus to AC against giants
+2 racial bonus on Appraise checks that are related to stone or metal items.
+2 racial bonus on Craft checks that are related to stone or metal.

class abilities -
detect evil
divine grace
lay on hands
divine health

feats -
exotic weapon prof. (dwarven waraxe)

skills -
concentration (con) +5/2
diplomacy (cha) +3/2
handle animal (cha) +3/2
heal (wis) +6/2
knowledge (religion) (int) +3/2
ride (dex) +2/2

equipment -
dwarven waraxe
shortbow
20 arrows
scalemail
lrg steel sheild
backpack
bedroll
signet ring
whetstone
7 trail rations
ink & quill
scroll case
10 parchment
5 paper
healing kit (20/20)
2 explorer's outfits
cold weather outfit
34gp
2sp
8cp

history -
Griswald has golden blonde hair and ice blue eyes. Slightly uncommon among dwarves, yes, but he takes it as a sign to being a chosen of Heironeous to do his good will. He is of impressive build but lacks any real agility.

His tale starts as a wee lad, before he was of age to get any funny ideas about his hair his father would take him on the road when he went about making contracts for selling metals and such mined and processed by his boss' company. This he enjoyed, particularly when his father let him ride one of the stout bred ponies that pulled their wagon along, giving him a small amount of training on how to ride animals.

His mother had long ago passed away when duergar had raided their small mining town, no doubt she took half a dozen with her for she was a warrior before she became a mother and always had something of weapon-like qualities within reach, Griswald was obviously from his mother's side mostly. His father on the other hand was a suave businessman among dwarves and was prided on his well groomed appearance and articulate tongue, Griswald inherited a little of that as well.

During his travels with his father though he saw many interesting things, one thing which took his interest was the teachings of the god, Hieroneous. Crushing evil and doing good seemed to be a very tempting offer indeed and he asked his father's permission to do so, reasoning that his appearance (something that neither mother nor father could have handed down to him) was his call to become a paladin.

His father did not give an answer right away, and it would take many months more before Griswald would hear an answer. During the time he waited Griwald took up the waraxe and trained himself in its use, studied the beliefs of Hieroneous and learnt how to tend wounds.

Before his father gave his answer though their caravan was assaulted by bandits, they struck quick and hard and Griswald was at odds trying to fight them off with the few dwarves that travelled with them. His father recited an inspirational poem to give heart to the defenders and there seemed hope, but a well placed arrow caught him mid sentence and he fell heavily from the wagon. Griswald finished reciting the poem, and though it didn't have the same effect as his father reciting it they fought off the invaders. Griswald was convinced they were ex-military with their fighting prowess.

Griswald rushed to his father's side and gave what aid he could but there was nothing he could do to fix the mortal wound. Before he passed away his father gave him consent to become a paladin, and that to die in battle was truly honourable and he had no regrets. He wished his son well before closing his eyes for the last time. With one of the three ponies remaining and only half the number of living dwarves remaining, they slowly trekked their way home, forced to walk while the single pony wagon carried their fallen.

After returning home and burying his father next to his mother he took his inheritance and left to become a paladin.

Last edited:

Badger

First Post
Too bad we aren't using the 3.5 rules where races get their weapons as a reg martial ability...would have saved you from burning your feat for the dwarven waraxe...

Welcome aboard amigo..

Badger

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Cool character Festy. I was thinking. AT first I was going to put this in my Homebrew, Thorn, but now....reading it...and the nature of this forum...it might be easier if its just set in some generic, greyhawkish, D&D land. Yes, I think that works best. No Thorn here.

Badger

First Post
*puts down Thorn handouts*

You mean I can stop committing another set of deities into memory...*phew*

All bull-poop aside, Thorn was a very well designed setting amigo...if you open up a game in it, please let me know, as I'd love to get to explore more of it.

Badger

Manzanita

First Post
I too, thought Thorn was interesting & well-done. But I love Greyhawk.

Now, Festy dog. It looks like your Palidon has 20 starting skill ranks. I would think he should have 12.

Badger

First Post
*breaks out the ruler*

First mistake is a freebie, the second gets you a rap on the knuckle with this little beauty....:)

Happens to the best of us amigo....

Badger

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
Badger said:
*puts down Thorn handouts*

You mean I can stop committing another set of deities into memory...*phew*

All bull-poop aside, Thorn was a very well designed setting amigo...if you open up a game in it, please let me know, as I'd love to get to explore more of it.

Badger

I think I'll keep it simple and stick with just one game for now...well two, there is this and my pen and paper game. I just updated my website with the latest tales. Feel free to take a gander at that:

http://home.new.rr.com/scumachertodd4/thorn.htm

Edit:

Might as well put the other links as well. The Game has started and will resume later today (after I've had my nap:)

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44029

And the character list is here:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42008

I'm still debating on wether or not Cro will still be a member of the party, any opinions?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads