D&D Movie/TV Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves At San Diego Comic-Con

Attendees of San Diego Comic-Con this year will be able to immerse themselves in a 'Tavern Experience' promoting the upcoming D&D movie, Honor Among Thieves, IGN reports. It will be a 20-minute experience in which you can interact with D&D critters and characters. Additionally, guests can try both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions of 'Dragon Brew'. Additionally, on Thursday July 21st...

Attendees of San Diego Comic-Con this year will be able to immerse themselves in a 'Tavern Experience' promoting the upcoming D&D movie, Honor Among Thieves, IGN reports. It will be a 20-minute experience in which you can interact with D&D critters and characters. Additionally, guests can try both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions of 'Dragon Brew'.

Additionally, on Thursday July 21st, during the convention, the films cast will be on stage and fans will get a sneak peek at the movie, which is due out next year.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves includes in its cast Chris Pine, Hugh Grant, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, and more.

78B046E1-0EDF-4583-9D0F-93122BE2295E.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
It was tv concept art. The artist said they were working with the Stranger Things production on Vecnas design for the show but the show decided to go in a different direction.
Doesn't mean they don't have other uses for it. The Stranger Things character has nothing to do with the concept art they were showing, so that may be a bitnof a cover story.

OB1

Jedi Master
I also believe D&D's appeal in general has broadened over the last decade so the overlap between gaming and ComicCon is larger now. ComicCon also has expanded to include many popular geek culture topics, going well beyond comics.
For sure, last time I was there in '18 there were quite a few booths dedicated to TTRPGs. Don't remember seeing a WotC booth but it wouldn't be out of place. Got some great dice that are my go to player slayers to this day :)

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
For sure, last time I was there in '18 there were quite a few booths dedicated to TTRPGs. Don't remember seeing a WotC booth but it wouldn't be out of place. Got some great dice that are my go to player slayers to this day :)
WotC does do ComicCon, yup.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
My prediction - Vecna will be the post-credits tease for either the next movie for for whatever TV spin-off they're doing (which I think is still on track - they were talking about it earlier this year).
As much as I would love movie(s) with Vecna as the ultimate BBEG, I doubt they will do that so soon after Stranger Things, to avoid confusing people. Same goes for Demogorgon and mind flayers (though illithids are still on the table!).

More than Vecna, I would love to see a simmering Cult of the Dragon plotline over a number of films, ending with a massive Tiamat fight!

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
As much as I would love movie(s) with Vecna as the ultimate BBEG, I doubt they will do that so soon after Stranger Things, to avoid confusing people. Same goes for Demogorgon and mind flayers (though illithids are still on the table!).

More than Vecna, I would love to see a simmering Cult of the Dragon plotline over a number of films, ending with a massive Tiamat fight!
On the contrary, taking advantage of that pop culture tie-in is a great idea. Particularly since Stranger Things will be old and venerable in pop culture terms by the time that pays off in D&D films, probably.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads