• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E DungeonScape Beta Gloat Thread

NiClerigo

Adventurer
I am really jealous of everyone who has received an invitation. I have not received mine, despite having signed up for the Beta immediately, as soon as it was announced. My paranoia makes me fear that my request was lost or something happened. I guess I will have to be patient, though it is not easy ;)

SigmaOne

First Post
This seems interesting.
Haven't signed up yet though.

Any idea if I still might get in?

I'm betting you can still sign up, but I don't recall the url at the moment. You could search for [MENTION=6776908]Hobo the Delightful[/MENTION]'s original post here announcing it, or PM her about it here, or PM her on Twitter... or shortly someone having more wherewithal than I do will post a URL here. As you can tell from the posts, it might be some time before you actually receive the invitation though.

BoldItalic

First Post
This seems interesting.
Haven't signed up yet though.

Any idea if I still might get in?

You can still go to https://beta.trapdoortechnologies.com/beta/ to sign up. They've said that everyone who signs up will get an invite. We can't guess how soon, though. There were said to be around 5k sign-ups but we don't know how many per day or per week will be admitted. I think this is to allow them to control the server load, at least at the beginning.

I signed up in the first 3 minutes of it opening and got in yesterday.

/gloat

Newtonian

First Post
Beta invites are going out at a slow rate at first. We're trying to make sure we are reasonably stable before we open the floodgates. The people who are in right now have already found a number of issues we'd like to address before we do another round of invites.

To be clear, the app is only at a minimally functional state around using it for playtesting at the moment. Fixes and updates will be coming on a regular basis and as things get more stable, we'll be bringing more people in.

Don't worry if you haven't gotten your invite yet! I promise you'll get in :). We have a little over 15,000 signed up beta testers in the system. There will be plenty of room for everyone.

Mornin' everyone :) For anyone who is in the beta and reporting bugs here, please do report them in the feedback forums so that we can be sure we've got it in our system.

We'll be posting on the blog today about what we've learned so far and what to expect in the coming weeks. It has been incredibly insightful as well as stressful to have folks who have never seen DungeonScape (either at Gen Con or Origins) using the app! I'm constantly wishing we could just sit down with everyone, show them the iOS app and say: "See? It's all gonna be okay!" But hey! That's what a beta is for, right?

I digress. Thanks to everyone hopping on here and answering the questions that pop up while I'm asleep - Yes you can still sign up for the beta (trapdoortechnologies.com/beta) and we will get you in although it may take a bit of time!

We've had an ASTOUNDING 15,000 people sign up for beta. Yep. Insane. So for each Trapdoor Team member, we've got 1000 beta babies to look after. If only there was beta tester day care....

More on the blog today, I'll link it here when it's up!

fjw70

Adventurer
Mornin' everyone :) For anyone who is in the beta and reporting bugs here, please do report them in the feedback forums so that we can be sure we've got it in our system.

We'll be posting on the blog today about what we've learned so far and what to expect in the coming weeks. It has been incredibly insightful as well as stressful to have folks who have never seen DungeonScape (either at Gen Con or Origins) using the app! I'm constantly wishing we could just sit down with everyone, show them the iOS app and say: "See? It's all gonna be okay!" But hey! That's what a beta is for, right?

I digress. Thanks to everyone hopping on here and answering the questions that pop up while I'm asleep - Yes you can still sign up for the beta (trapdoortechnologies.com/beta) and we will get you in although it may take a bit of time!

We've had an ASTOUNDING 15,000 people sign up for beta. Yep. Insane. So for each Trapdoor Team member, we've got 1000 beta babies to look after. If only there was beta tester day care....

More on the blog today, I'll link it here when it's up!

Speaking of the iOS app, amy word? What about pricing? Is WOTC still dragging their feet on this?

Speaking of the iOS app, amy word? What about pricing? Is WOTC still dragging their feet on this?

Pricing still hasn't been finalized - we are waiting for approval. We also had to make some changes that were requested and resubmit to Wizards for approval - we're pretty much in a holding pattern for iOS at the moment.

fjw70

Adventurer
Pricing still hasn't been finalized - we are waiting for approval. We also had to make some changes that were requested and resubmit to Wizards for approval - we're pretty much in a holding pattern for iOS at the moment.

Just to be clear Apple requested some changes and WotC needs to approve the changes before resubmitting to Apple?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads