• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DUUD: New Moon 1

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Lorrin keeps silent for the rest of the night, until the group is together.

"Aye, that sounds reasonable. Looks like I might be earning my pay, soon." He nods respectfully at Khae. "We should have at least three people on watch at any time- we've got enough for it."

Jemal

Adventurer
"Ay, there are many good reasons to get there quickly. I can watch for most of the night, if need be."

OOC: How far ARE we from suzail? What is the 'cargo', and how heavy is it? Also, what's the avg move rate of our little... convoy?

Jarval

Explorer
"I can mange to teleport a load of up to six hundred pounds, but I'll not be able to bring anyone else along if I'm moving that much weight. I'll need to prepare more spells if you're planing mass transport." Tutsan pauses, making a mental calculation. "As for why no-one has suggested 'just' teleporting the cargo, such a service is worth at least a thousand gold, should one chose to charge." He adds with a grin.

Jarval

Explorer
Tutsan rummages around in his portable hole and pulls out his scrying mirror.

"Perhaps some more information on this D'jviek character might be in order."

He sits beside his mirror and begins the spell.

trimeulose

First Post
The fighters put away their paper and begin to wake everyone, it takes a few moments, but after a spell of moans and groans, everyone is seated around the campfire. Everyone is seated for a short while, when someone speaks they usually stand for the duration and sit when they are finished. This is not any standing rule, it just seems to have come about out of nowhere (in other words, you can violate this "ruling" but it would be rude)

Scy stands and walks a bit before speaking: Both cormyr and Waterdeep have powerful wizards at their disposal. Cormyr even has guilds that maintain a constant watch on the town. Usually speaking they can detect when a teleportation spell is cast, and they have eyes and ears to tell who and what was brought into the town. A simple caravan bearing a liquid as its main source of income of any kind would more than likely not be able to afford any teleportation spells. We would of course attract unwanted attention. It is much the same for waterdeep. However, for water deep we could teleport closer in if not within miles of the city. He moves deliberately to his seat examines it, glances at the cargo and sits carefully. (Lorrin and Tutsan hear him mutter about it not making much differance to Lorrin he seems "agitated")

Duan glanes at the fighters stands with some form of authority and then speaks: We are of the opinion to go to Suzail, if you choose to go to Waterdeep, we will accompany you until such time that you leave our path. I have of mind to meet this D'jviek character he is...

(at this point there is a slight cracking sound, Jarval your mirror has grown a slight crack that heals over as soon as you finish your spell.... ie your spell failed). Peter looks at you and laughs. He speaks through his laugh and over Duan: It seems someone does not like being spied- I mean scried on. Perhaps that is knowledge in itself.

Duan clears his throat and glares at Peter (whom slidesback into position meekly): As I was saying, it is said he is is "admirable" in his faith. He seats himself as deliberately as he stood.

Peter jumps up anxiously: I could care less of this idle talk of a simple man. I personally have connections in Waterdeep. I say we go where the land is familiar. We wouldn't have to teleport directly into the town, we could just as easily teleport a days ride outside the town and ride in, no harm in that. He sits slowly almost the complete opposite of how he stood up.

The Ranger do not stand, but Jacob and Dennis say simultaneously: I have unfinished business in Waterdeep, I wish to there. They continue to gaze into the fire as if they had said nothing at all.

There is a brief silence as the group looks into the flames.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Lorrin shakes his head and stands. "I'm not letting the cargo out of my sight- I was hired to protect it and damned if I'll let it be parted from me before I'm payed." He cocks his head. "If I could be brought along, however...." He shrugs. "Either way, we should go to where we were hired to go."

ooc: Sollir, have we made the deal you mentioned in the OOC thread- i.e, Imbue spell (shield of faith) in exchange for bodyguarding?

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Tutsan flinches as his mirror cracks and heals. "I'm not really surprised, to be honest. As a servant of Shar, he'd be inclined to be careful."

"If needed I could transport Peter, Jacob and Dennis to a day from Waterdeep. I'm inclined to stick with the cargo, and find out more of this matter. Perhaps it would be best if we all stuck together?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads