Dwarven Sayings

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
"They will all look up to us after their legs are chopped off," pretty clear.
"Go dig Karst," basically 'go f___ yourself' for dwarves it's a formation type in which valuable or useful materials are seldom found.
"Do Not Mine a Volcano" warning to lay off anything sensitive and likely to cause an explosion both figurative and literal.
"Blood calls for blood and retribution in full kind" pretty clear, Dwarves can really hold a grudge after all especially against non-dwarves.
"When humans and their gold are swiftly parted look to your money purse" everyone knows that dwarves always have a little extra just in case, that doesn't mean dwarves want to give it up.

bigdamnnerd

Explorer
A (human) bard of mine under the effects of a philter of glibness once convinced a court offical that he was 1) an envoy from the dwarven kingdom to the north and 2) that "Top of stone to ya!" is the dwarven equivalent of "good day".

Anti-Sean said:
"No ale for me, just some wine, please! Don't I look pretty in this dress! Tra la la!"

That might just be how I play dwarves, though...

"That chainmail looks so hot with your beard Miss Thang!"

"Oh. My. Forge. I can't believe you're wearing newbuck after Throngar Day. You are so fired missy!"

"Orc-forged" being their way of calling something "crap." As in "You're not hunting any trolls with that orc-forged helm!"

"Were you born in a slag-heap?" is as good as being born in a barn.

"Well, shave my beard and blunt my axe..."

"I'd rather mine coal than..." to head the list of things that dwarves would rather do, coal-mining being thought of as the province of dwarven clans facing hard times or are poor.

Remove ads