• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dwarven Weapon Training and Superior Weapons

catsclaw227

First Post
Dwarven weapon training gives proficiency and +2 damage for Axes and Hammers. Does this extend to Superior Weapons as well?

Can taking this feat substitute the Weapon Proficiency feat to get proficiency with a Craghammer, Waraxe, Execution Axe, Mordenkrad, Double Axe, etc from Adventurers Vault (page 9)?

keterys

First Post
Yeah... it's definitely on my list of things that I think is just flat out a poor decision about 4e, but it definitely works.

urzafrank

First Post
Yeah... it's definitely on my list of things that I think is just flat out a poor decision about 4e, but it definitely works.

Agreed. And I'd be very curious to see this list.

why does anyone have an issue with a feat that makes Dwarves better with the traditional dwarven weapons? I mean come on it is a racial feat and so far they have all been much much better than general feats anyway

keterys

First Post
why does anyone have an issue with a feat that makes Dwarves better with the traditional dwarven weapons? I mean come on it is a racial feat and so far they have all been much much better than general feats anyway

It's flatly poor design, a shackle on exotic hammer and axe design. It's an imbalance between the core rules and the core rules plus AV. It's silly that dwarves shouldn't use warhammers and mauls and battleaxes, but should instead use "rare" and "variant" versions thereof.

I'm very much for dwarves using hammers and axes. It certainly seemed that they did before AV came out, without it applying to exotic weapons.

I'd much rather the feat was, say, +2 damage at heroic, +3 at paragon, +4 at epic, still better than weapon focus hammers and axes, put together, and dwarves could spend a feat for proficiency in an exotic weapon if they chose to. Or not.

I'd much rather the feat was, say, +2 damage at heroic, +3 at paragon, +4 at epic, still better than weapon focus hammers and axes, put together, and dwarves could spend a feat for proficiency in an exotic weapon if they chose to. Or not.
I'd rather it was left as is, with the exception that it doesn't grant proficiency with Superior weapons. If the character has or gains proficiency in a Superior axe or hammer, however, the +2 damage applies to it as well.

Slaved

First Post
If a Change must be made why not make the Extra Damage scale by Weapon Class?

Dwarves could get a +3 Item Bonus to Damage with Simple Axes and Hammers, a +2 Item Bonus to Damage with Martial Axes and Hammers, and a +1 Item Bonus to Damage with Superior Axes and Hammers. That way Dwarves are still allowed to use any Axe or Hammer they want but there is a Tradeoff in Damage.

The amount of Tradeoff could be changed of course. This is just a Suggestion for those who think there is a Problem.

Remove ads