Dwimmermount IC:

Imperialus

Explorer
Jimi: your second blow smashes into the chitin covered face of the beast causing brains and gore to splatter outwards. The blow knocks it back a pace or two and it flips over onto it's back, legs twitching.

Gargrim, your hammer smashes at it's carapace causing a large crack to form over it's back at which point Klyman jams his sword between it's mandibles and into it's brain. It skitters about wildly for a moment pulling the sword from Klyman's hand before it too curls up and dies.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Alright, so it's just me that's cursed," mutters the fatter brother. Louder: "Nicely done, friends!"

He himself steps up to the nearest spider - literally crunching his big boot on its crackly back - and starts cutting and pulling its head apart like some gruesome cook with a particularly exotic recipe in mind... "Let's see, poison sacks, poison sacks... where did gramps Iren say those were already?"

OOC: Using dagger and gloved hand to do the deed, and hopping his cooking/glutton background will help. :) Then repeat on the other spider, please.
OOC2: Will be mostly AFK next week, so please NPC Midgrim as needed.

EDIT= This stuff is not purple, is it?

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi watches Midgrim with a mixture of fascination and mild repulsion as he squelches around in the corpse of the spider.

"Ah, I'll leave you to that, Midgrim. You... seem to know what you're doing..." He looks around the chamber. "Would anyone like to perhaps give me a hand with these cocoons? I would be curious to see who or what these spiders have been feasting on."

[OOC: Are the cocoons easily reachable; would it be feasible for them to be pulled down and cut open - albeit by someone in the party who is permitted to use edged weapons?]

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman will help with checking the cocoons. "I thought priests were only forbidden to use blades as weapons against living foes, not just as tools. I've learned something new today!"

Imperialus

Explorer
Midgrim: You are able to recover one poison sack from the spider that Jimi killed. It looks as though Klyman's sword pierced the same gland on the second one however. You figure there is probably enough venom remaining to coat one blade, or a half dozen of Klyman's arrows.

Klyman and Jimi: Going through the cocoons you find a lithified dwarf, a couple Kobolds and some assorted vermin, not much of note. Way towards the back however you find the desiccated remains of a human. His cloths have long since rotted away, but from the scraps that remain it seems as though they were made of some very fine cloth. You find a silver medal denoting him as a Thulian officer, and a gold ring on his finger. He also has a finely crafted short sword at his hip but the scabbard is falling apart, and it's going to take some work from a professional smith before it's really usable again.

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"We should preserve the dead Thulian Officer's belongings separately -- it may be that those who once held him dear will provide a reward for information about his demise and his effects."

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi carefully takes the ring and medal, and closes his eyes for a moment in a brief prayer for the dead man's soul. He hands Klyman the blade.

"Klyman - perhaps you should take this. My temple vows forbid the use of edged or sharpened weapons."

He glances sideways at Klyman, "You would not believe how frustrating it is having to eat all of your meals with just a spoon." he says, failing to conceal a smirk as he pokes fun at the Dwarf's earlier comment.

Having finished with the body of the Thulian, Jimi looks around to see if he can spy where Climent's errant thrown flask is entangled.

[OOC: with the help of a borrowed 10ft pole if it will help]

"Climent - if I can get this flask of yours loose, can you be ready to catch it?"

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

Klyman accepts the blade, the finely crafted short sword, from Jimi, "Thank you much, Sir!" Klyman then inspects it carefully. Does it have much edge left, and how are the weight and balance?

OOC: Incidentally, when I was in Basic Training, I ate all my meals using only a spoon. By choice. You'd be surprised how much damage you can do to the average slab of meat with a spoon if you are hungry enough! But then, most of our meat in Basic was ground beef, usually in a concoction of macaroni and cheese ("chili mac") or potatoes and stuff ("stroganov", or as we called it, "strokin' off")

Last edited:

Remove ads