Dwimmermount IC:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
You figure there is probably enough venom remaining to coat one blade, or a half dozen of Klyman's arrows.
"Well that's not going ta poison any kobold horde anytime soon... but it's a start," shrugs the dwarf.

Then he grows thoughtful... "Yee know, I hear they eat these things in some parts..." And he's already got his hands dirty so... Why not?

OOC: Midgrim'll try to convert the spider bodies into spider steaks. :)

Afterwards, Midgrim wipes his heavily gloved hands and, grumbling, goes to lay out the dwarven Sleeper in as respectful a pose as he can manage, looking at his bearded face to see if he knows that worthy, or if there's any indication why he was here (parts of him can't help praying, and dreading, that it's NOT great-grandpa Iren!).

OOC: Have they explored both room 26 and 27, or was this all in room 26, Imperialus? Oh, and I'm back. :)

Imperialus

Explorer
Klyman: The blade seems to be sound, no pitting or nicks in the blade. You can tell after a few moments examiniation that it appears masterfully forged using techniques lost since the Termaxians took over the empire. The blade is made of different kinds of steel woven twisted together into a beautiful pattern that looks like thorns intertwined up the blade, and the balance is such that it feels as though it is an extension of your arm. It might cost a pretty penny to get it restored, but you know that Thulian blades such as this are often enchanted.

Midgrim: Yes, the battle took place in room 27 which is also where you found the bodies. Unfortunately it is unlikely that you'll be able to carve up the spiders into anything eatable. They are pretty squishy inside. The dwarf statue does not look like anyone you recognize. Some of his features look like they might belong to a linage known as the "Steel Veins" who are known to send custodians into the mountain but you don't recognize him personally.

Jimi: The ring appears to be an old family signant ring. You don't recognize the crest though. If the body does predate Turms Termax's ascension however it is entirely possible that the line was wiped out during the infighting that occurred when the Termaxians took control of the empire.

Binder Fred

"Bit like water-critters then," Midgrim mumbles to himself, "crabs and that lot. Need ta boil it in whole sections maybe... or fry it up in oil!" That should be good, maybe with a bit of mashed garlic and peppercorns?!

He severs and then bundles up three-four of the floppy legs whole anyways, see if he can roast those into a side dish or something. You never know.

"You finished with the pole, priest?"

If he is, Midgrim will do one last round of the spider rooms, poking and pulling away the webs around the walls, floor and ceiling to see if they aren't hiding any concealed exits or the like...

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Yes, thank you Midgrim" says Jimi, holding the pole back to the dwarf. "If you're finished gathering your next meal, I think we're done here. We've slain some hideous vermin and found a serviceable and perhaps valuable looking blade. I would say we've made excellent progress. Do we press on, or take some time to rest and recuperate?"

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

"I'd like to rest a bit soon, but not here -- this place is too dank and creepy. Let's find a drier place."

Binder Fred

"If you're finished gathering your next meal, I think we're done here.
"*Our* next meal," corrects Midgrim, with perhaps a bit of sadistic glee in his eyes?

And, "Entrance room?" he distractedly suggests as to the other matter while finishing up his inspection.

OOC: Anything Imperialus?

Imperialus

Explorer
You are able to make your way back to the entrance room no problem. Everything is pretty well as you left it. If you venture outside at all you'll realize it is probably quite late in the afternoon anyhow. It's easy to loose track of time in the darkness of the dungeon.

OOC: Might be a good time to do a quick check of supplies. How are you setting up camp? Are you lighting a fire? What are you doing for fuel? What about your stocks of dungeon crawling equipment like torches and the like? You've been underground for about 6 hours, which means you'll have burnt through 18 torches or 18 pints of lamp oil. If you need to make a run back to town you suspect that you could make it back just as it started getting dark.

Binder Fred

"Sleep well, cousin," whispers Midgrim, the last to leave the spider room. "The time of the Makers approaches..."

Once back at the starting room: "Think I saw a few bushes out the other side," he mentions, aready heading that way. Even with a watering mouth and grumbling stomach, he still takes the time to check the place out beforehand though.

OOC: in his estimation, if he built a small fire by the cliff entrance, would most of the smoke and smell go out that way?
OOC: I don't know for the torches, but that seems a lot of oil for an oil lamp? <Checks> The LL book lists 4 hours per pint and 1h per torch (p.18)?

Imperialus

Explorer
OOC: oops, my bad on the torch consumption. You are right.

You are able to get the fire lit in such a way that the majority of the smoke travels up the stairs. That said, you could only scrounge up enough brush to keep a small fire going for about an hour or so so it'll be a chilly night.

What are we looking at regarding watch order?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases