Dwimmermount IC:

Imperialus

Explorer
Poking through the remainder of the room you find nothing else of interest. You gather up a few more mushrooms that you are pretty sure can be eaten and stuff them in a sack but other than that there is nothing terribly exciting.

OOC: Yeah, the list on Midgrim's sheet matches up with the hardcopy list I have going as well. And sorry my posting is a little slow right now. It's the tail end of the term for me so I'm run pretty ragged. Only a week and a half left till winter break though. Oh, and on a related note I'm officially introducing my Grade 9's to Robert E. Howard tomorrow. Tower of the Elephant to be precise. Should be pretty cool.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Bit starchy," he communicates to the others, mouth full of shroom, "chewy around those pipes things, but other than that... Guess that's gullets?" Ah well. "Alright, brother: yee grab a coupla legs and let's toss these down the cliff-side." He shakes his head at the others, signaling that he's found nothing. "Nothing save 5 dead kobolds, that is!"

That's a price in itself in his book!

OOC: Midgrim (and Gargrim?) will drag the stonified kobolds to the entrance room and toss them over the edge.

That done he wipes his hands as they trot back to their waiting companions, satisfied: "No coming back from statue-land for THEM!" Picking up his gear once more, "Down the most travelled route?" he suggests to Klyman.

OOC: He's suggesting they go down the path untraveled in room 28 (the pool room). Oh, and he'll wash his hook and pole of any suspected shroom spores while he's in here please. :)

Leif

Adventurer
Klyman Sylar

If there are no other suggestions or comments, Klyman will begin cautiously proceeding in the direction indicated by Midgrim.

Imperialus

Explorer
As you travel down the corridor from the room with the moon pool a powerful stench of decay begins assault your nostrils. Upon entering the room you see that the cavern floor is covered in bones. A lot of them are vermin, but there are various humanoid remains as well. It looks like many of the bones have been split to access the marrow and some show signs of burning as though they were cooked and eaten. There are a number of skulls mounted on spikes scattered about as well. Most are orcs or goblins but there is a reasonably fresh human head, as well as a dwarf head that was obviously decapitated and mounted before it had fully turned to stone.

Attachments

• In Progress Map.png
    In Progress Map.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 170

Binder Fred

"Bastards," swears the rounder of the two brother, looking mighty displeased. After a circular look to make sure nothing's going to jump out (or down) at them, he makes straight for the grisly relics, the dwarf pole in particular, axe in hand.

OOC: Anybody he knows or anything to identify this guy or his profession (tattoo, jewelry, swallowed something), Imperialus? I'm guessing the human guy is another of the Typhon's Fists?

Assuming nothing of note, Midgrim will nod to the head, reaches to touch its stone beard: "Watch us from up there, cousin. Watch as we destroy everything of theirs while yee remain, forever."

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"Tyche preserve us..." says Jimi quietly, as he reels from the horrific sight ahead of him. "What manner of creature has been dwelling here that preys upon orc, goblin, man and dwarf alike?"

He slowly picks his way across the bone-strewn cavern floor towards the grisly trophies, too shaken and disturbed by the scene to offer even a brief prayer to his deity for the departed souls. Trying not to let the fear show, he grips the haft of his flail a little tighter, and holds his shield a little closer than usual.

While Midgrim checks out the dwarf head, Jimi takes a look at the human head, and against his better instincts, looks around to see if he can find the remainder of the corpse to see if this is... was... another of Typhon's Fists.

Imperialus

Explorer
Midgrim recognizes the dwarf's face as having passed through Adamas probably about a year ago to join the custodians. Unfortunately you can't place a name to it, but you're pretty sure he was from the Stonehall clan.

Jimi notices among the refuse that there is another split shield baring the symbol of Typhon on it.

From further down the corridor you hear the somewhat distinctive sound of the bastardized dwarven that Kobolds speak.

*edit*
OOC: again, sorry for the slow pace of posting over the past couple weeks. December is always an absolute gong show at school.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Midgrim nods to the head, reaches to touch its stone beard: "Watch us from up there, cousin. Watch as we destroy everything of theirs while yee remain, forever."

Then he takes an ambush position on the right side of the far exit.

OOC: These are *approaching* kobold voices, right?

Remove ads