Dwimmermount IC:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
"How strange... Dwarven craftwork?" Pieter asks of his companions. He moves slowly into the room with Vidnar, hoping to get a closer look at the iron table. He's careful not to step into any of the pools of silvery liquid.

Imperialus

Explorer
Midgrim and Gargrim: It certainly doesn't seem like dwarven make, and as you approach closer you see writing etched onto the brass around the dials.

Climent pipes up: "I wouldn't say it's Dwarven. That's Eldrich script... possibly Elvin, but I don't think so. I can read a bit of Elvin, but I can't make out any of this."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"If'n we follow yeer map, then Klyman's guarding the right spot," confirms Midgrim, although nobody has actually asked out loud yet, "but these things are..." Out of place? Worth some coin?

Dangerous seems obvious enough...

Still, the fat dwarf dips his pole into the silvery stuff, bringing a sample back to sniff, and smear between gloved fingers, and then taste (assuming it's not eating through the wood of the pole or something).

"And eldritch script, yee say? From the first empire?"

OCC: Does it look like this part of the dungeon could date from way back then? And could he tell anything about the silvery liquid after his inspection?

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Assuming nothing looks odd or out of place with the table, Pieter gently lowers Vidnar onto it so that he can explore the room unhindered. He moves closer to the dwarves, curious to see what they make of the mysterious silver liquid.

Imperialus

Explorer
Tasting the silvery substance feels... odd. It's metallic, and your tongue goes somewhat numb and tingly. Climent says "I'd guess that it's quicksilver Master Dwarf... Wouldn't suggest eating much more of it. It can drive you mad."

He pauses for a moment. Standing closer now it would appear that the boxes are not actually attached to anything, they are just sitting on the floor.

"No, not the first empire. That would be the Ancients, and no one alive, leastwise no one I have ever heard of, has ever seen one of their artifacts... I suspect that this was crafted by the Eld however, which still makes it in the neighborhood of a thousand years old... Far older than this room, which I would guess to be Thulian.

These boxes may indeed be worth considerable coin, though, as Gargrim astutely mentioned I would be leery of what their purpose might be. The Eld were creatures of chaos to the highest degree. From what I have read, they make the mercurial nature of the Elves seem like the bedrock stability of the Dwarves by comparison.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Midgrim eyes begin to shine at the mention of 'considerable coin'.

"That bad, eh?" he tacks on at the end of Climent's speech as he peers at the things more closely, rubbing at his crescent beard with narrowing intent...

OOC: Are the three boxes identical? Re workings, does it look like anything can be put-in or taken out of them? A spot where the quicksilver has been smeared or spewed out from maybe? Handles for transport?

Imperialus

Explorer
Climent crosses his arms and looks at the boxes with consternation. "My mind really wants to take these back to Adamas... They could be worth a fortune both in gold and knowledge. My body is more concerned about how it is battered, bruised and out of spells in the middle of an extremely dangerous place... If we leave them here I could copy the characters to parchment and try to translate them when we have the opportunity, but it is up to you."

Remove ads