[e20 PF] And with strange aeons...

fireinthedust

Explorer
Hmmm... okay.

Is this the general consensus of the entire group? Just to speed things up, I'll assume so. In fact, as a result, i think I'll change the initiative order: the situation basically gives the Monsters initiative, as you lot can't do anything to them while they're "un-visible", so it's their move.

Initiative:
Thorn (who can see them)
Monsters
Broken Eagles

fireinthedust

Explorer
Xanfire/Cort: if you lot can see Ethereal, then you can act first/normally. Otherwise we'll go with the above change.

IC:

Michael will charge forward into the room and towards the Necronomicon! As he flies he turns to look at something in the air, where Thorn is looking.

The tension in the air is palpable.

[sblock=THORN]Thorn sees the dragon yelling something to the creatures below. It then starts to writhe in a hypnotic way a moment before blurring. When it stops, it is covered in a wreath of magical energy and glowing runes circling it. There is a sickly green glow inside its ribcage and it looks hungrily at you and the others.[/sblock]

Suddenly a mass of reptilian things emerge through the air around the catwalk and the book. Michael takes a swing to cleave through several of them, but more and more keep popping through the air as if pushing through a curtain or a waterfall.

OOC: Can anyone roll an Arcana check for me right now?

jackslate45

First Post
Xanfire will wave his hand, shouting "Spiritual Defender! Michael is in need of your assistance! I ask for you aid and protection!"

A ghostly figure appears to Michael's side, sword drawn and ready to fight. It swings into the creatures as well, trying to assist in the tide of battle.

Casting Spiritual Ally adjacent to Michael to help out.

[sblock=Xanfire Astral Plane Stats]
HP 270/300
AC: 46/ T: 19/ FF 43
Init: +3 / CMB: +24 / CMD: 47
Fort: +22 / Ref: +14 / +27

Evil's Bane: +1 Ghost Touch/Holy/Spell Storing (Dispel Magic) (GMW: 42hrs) +31/+26/+21 1d8 + 14(15 Base + 5 Enchantment + 1 Focus + 1 Competence + 9 STR )
AC: 46 (10 + 14 (Mithril Full plate Armor: 9 Armor + 5 Enchantment) + 8(Shield: 2 Shield + 1 Feat + 5 Enchantment ) + 3 Dex + 5 Natural + 5 Deflection + 1 Insight)

Evil's Bane: +5 Ghost Touch/Holy/Spell Storing(Dispel Magic) GMW :42 Hrs
Light of Iomedae: Inactive

Divine Bulwark: +1 Ghost Touch Determination (MV + 4 Enchantment) 1x: Breath of life < 0HP;
Divine Protection: MWK Mithril Shield (MV + 5 Enchantment)

Divine Presence: 20 Rounds
Aura of Menace: 20 Rounds
Touch of Good: 13 Uses
Touch of Glory: 13 Uses
Channel Good Energy: 5 Uses (10d6, can choose up to two targets to not receive healing)

Spells Prepared(4/7/7/6/6/6/6/5/5/5, +1 slot 1+ for Domains DC 20+ Level CL 21)
0 Detect Magic, Stabilize, Light, Create Water
1 Divine Favor(d), Divine Favor x2, Protection from evil x1, Comprehend Languages, Shield of Faith, Shield of Faith, Protection from Evil
2 Bless Weapon(d), Grace, Lesser Restoration x2, Spiritual Weapon x2, Weapon of Awe, Resist Energy,
3 Prayer(d), Prayer, Wind Wall, Dispel Magic x2, Magic Circle Against Evil, Magic Circle against Evil
4 Holy Smite(d), Divine Power, Blessing of Fervor, Spiritual Ally, Death Ward, Magic Vestment (Extended), Magic Vestment (Extended)
5 Righteous Might(d), Quickened Divine Favor, Cleanse, Breath of Life x2, Commune, Greater Magic Weapon(Extended) ,
6 Undeath to Death(d), Dispel Magic (Greater), Heal x2, Owl's Wisdom(Mass) x3 x2
7 Holy Sword(d), Restoration (Greater) x3, Extended Blade Barrier, Extended Mass Planar Adaptation
8 Holy Aura(d), Quickened Divine Power, Quickened Spiritual Ally, Quickened Blessing of Fervor, Discern Location, Dimensional Lock
9 Gate(d), Heal Mass, Quickened Cleanse, Quickened Righteous Might, Energy Drain, Miracle

Other Items
2 Spell Pearl of Power x4
Gate Spell Component
ring of protection +5
Ring of Freedom of Movement
greater rod of quicken
greater rod of empowerment
greater rod of maximize
Winged Boots
Orange Ioun Stone
Dusty Rose Ioun Stone
Pale Green Ioun Stone
90,000 gp in Diamond Dust
Astral Book of Discern Object

To Buy:
Spell Focus for Holy Aura, Diamond dust for Miracle. Both at Temple
[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
[sblock=arcana checks by whoever (hedron et al)]

You're wondering why the heck these creatures simply aren't here. This seems just like if they were on the Ethereal Plane, but since you're on the Astral Plane (and the Ethereal only overlaps the Material and the Shadow planes) you're not sure how they can go Ethereal; and there aren't similar spells that of which you've heard to Ethereal Jaunt et al. The best guess is that, maybe, this area is a node of Material Plane matter, as if an edge of the material is poking through just like how an iceburg pokes its tip above the surface; that would make it possible for the ethereal to likewise be here (and maybe the Shadow plane, too), and thus the spells Ethereal Jaunt and so forth.

ooc: yep, covering my metaphysical butt here, and saving my rep. Thanks and enjoy! [/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
Cort freezes some fools, aiming a nasty blast of cold at the first of the creatures to materialize.

Mass Icy Prison DC 34.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"They are on the eathral!" shouts Hedron.
OOC: I have nothing to help in this fight!

Last edited:

Remove ads