[e20 PF] And with strange aeons...

Thaven

First Post
"FOR THE EMPEROR!" The appearance of the winged creatures stirs the blood of this son of imperium and his swords almost quiver in anticipation of the battle that lay ahead.

The Emperor sent Rook to the Broken Eagles so that the Empire might find their help but equally the broken Eagles have benefited from Rook's swordarm; perhaps the Eagles have gotten the better of the equation.

Rook seems eager to continue to pull his weight.

In an instant Rook is beside the Dragon, his mirror images making him difficult to see; he's chosen a place where he faces the dragon alone and all of the other winged creatures won't be within a five foot step.

protection from evil (CL20), mass owl's wisdom (CL 20), death ward (CL 20), greater heroism (CL7), displacement (CL7), rage (CL7), mirror image - 5 images (CL7), weapon of awe (CL7) on acid burst falcata

AC 17; Touch 17; Flat-Footed 14; +1 mithral chain shirt of heavy fortification
HP 355/360 + 7 temp
Fort +30; Ref +24; Will +23 (+5 vs. fear)
Defensive Abilities ; DR 5/-; Immune fear ; Resist ; SR

Offense

Speed 30 feet (60 feet fly, average)
Space 10; Reach 10

Melee +36/+31/+26/+21 (1d8+34+2d6 holy+1d6 acid, 17-20x4+3d10 acid
adamantine and +36/+31/+26 (1d8+27+2d6 holy+1d6 shock+2d6 vicious, 17-20x4 cold iron)

Special Attacks power attack

Statistics

Str 38 (+14), Dex 21 (+5), Con 24 (+7), Int 7 (-2), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 7 (-2)

Base Atk +20; CMB 35; CMD 51;

Skills Fly +25, Knowledge (History) +12

Thaven

First Post
1st Attack: Adamantine Good/Acid Hits AC 50 for 41 base, 9 holy, 6 for a modified total of 56 points. Fort save or Die for the creature if it's living.

2nd attacl: Adamantine Good/Acid Hits AC 37 for 41 base, 3 acid, 5 holy for a modified total of 49 points.

3rd attack: Adamantine Good/Acid Hits AC 36 for 41 base, 1 acid, 8 holy for a modified total of 50 points. Fort save or die.

4th attack: Adamantine Good/Acid AUTO hits for 143 base, plus 3 acid and 18 acid burst, and 6 holy, for a modified total of 170 points. Fort save or die.

5th attack: Cold Iron Shock/Good/Vicious Hits AC 44 for 30 base, 5 shock, 11 holy, 8 vicious for a modified total of 54 points. Fort save or die. If it hits, I take 6.

6th Attack: Cold Iron Shock/Good/Vicious Hits AC 34 for 29 base, 1 shock, 7 holy, 6 vicious for a modified total of 43 points. If it hits, I take 4.

7th Attack: Cold Iron Shock/Good/Vicious Hits AC 28 for 29 base, 3 shock, 10 holy, 8 vicious for a modified total of 50 points. Fort save or die. If it hits, I take 4.

-----------

Let's see what this bad boy's AC is. What size is it?

Last edited:

Thaven

First Post
HAH. Right I forgot. It's been so long.

Though of course I don't think it'll matter, really, I need to change my actions anyway. Won't get most of my attacks. But I'll change my post to reflecxt the crit.

FITD: How many of the creatures are adjacent to Xan or his defender?

(Also FITD, remember we haven't rested in a while. The golden rule of combat development: CRs go up as resources go down)

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Yep. Duly noted and thank you. However, not as many resources were used as I'd expected, considering we've got a new party member and mostly non-spellcasters.

Here's how the room is divided:

Dias: Michael, Spiritual Ally, piles of the oooogly creatures.

Middle of the Air: Thorn on her carpet, and presumably the skeletal dragon she claims to see through her gem.

Doorway: Rook, Hedron, Xanfire, Cort, and I guess the barbarian (who may or may not burst into flames this combat).

Is this about right? There's a catwalk connecting the Doorway to the Dais, but otherwise you'd need a fly speed to get to where Thorn is.

Thaven

First Post
OOC: Alright well then put me in a spot near Xanfire, then, where I can direct my full attacks against the creatures surrounding him. I think if there's that many I should be able to do that.

I will target one until it dies and move on to the next. I may not kill them with damage but I think there's four or five fort saves vs instant death required so I might take out one that way. I'm also going to burn a displacement as I step into the fray. That's a change from before.

I'd prefer we tried to find someone to play the bard before we just kill him. It took me 6 hours to design the character, after all. I can play him for this combat while we try and find someone if that works.

Also could someone post the rogue's gallery and OOC links in this thread? I don't remember what feats I have. But I think the guy I critted is stunned for 1d4 rounds.

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
I think Hero went with a half-orc barbarian, not a bard. If he'd been a half-orc bard, now I'm really sad he left!

Xanfire is in the doorway, with no monsters around him just yet I believe.

EVERYONE: can I get another Arcana check?

[sblock=Arcana 30] You realize that the description of the book Thorn gave (of it being a serpent floating in the space where you perceive the book) sounds about right for an Astral version of a book, in that truly powerful spellbooks like the Necronomicon can have a sentience of their own: on the Astral plane that would mean looking like a serpent, or at least a dream manifestation of a fiendish python with poisonous fangs. If this asteroid is part material plane overlapping with the Astral, then it makes sense that the book would have two forms.

basically: the book down there is the book you're looking for. [/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Hedron: you shoot and kill several of the creatures. They're a low-powered group, it would seem, and you manage to down a couple of them.

[sblock=perception DC25] However, you can see that where your arrows have stuck into them the flesh has begun to writhe and boil.

[sblock=arcana or dungeoneering DC15] This could mean they have fast healing or regeneration. [/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads