[e20 PF] And with strange aeons...

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: No sweat, though I'm thinking you lot have done fine so far on critters I thought would slaughter you. These ones we'll see, though. And hey, the party balance changed a lot since we started. We had a powerful wizard, who's gone, and a second one who died in-game (thanks for that, Mal, btw; good rp work). That's a lot of extra stuff I can't really work in for the adventure now. Oh well.

OTOH, we've got a more meaty group now. I'm considering us great for melee and non-wizard combats.

Would this mean, though, that the CR of the party has gone down? Think about it in terms of the tiers of character classes: we've got a Cleric, who I think is tier two or tier one; and we've got a ranger, a rogue and a fighter, none of them able to plane-hop solo; and we've got a sorcerer, tier 2 or tier 3. Not bad at all, really, but does the lack of the two wizards shake us up substantially? Should we have more lower-level monsters with perhaps higher hit points, so long as the group isn't able to one-hit kill them with iterative attacks? They're still taking up an action to deal with them, and we don't have nearly the number of area effect spells to deal with mobs of foes that we used to.

What are your thoughts?

I'll post the combat response for the monsters in the morning; I'm pooped from a loooooong week.

Also: exciting announcement coming soon. Suspenseful? Maybe, but you'll just have to wait and see...

jackslate45

First Post
Xanfire is at most tier two. I screwed up his domain selection, and should have selected the heroism sub domain for glory to help our to hit. Most of the spells and feats he uses allows him unique battle opportunities that he has yet to do. We have had most combats end in two rounds, with the figthers/rogue slaughtering the enemies in a single full attack. That, more than anything else, has been keeping us alive. So Xanfire has had little to do :).

Next rest Xan will get more buffs that will help out primary DPS in Thorn, Rook, and Hedron. Our biggest advantage in fighting is having both Hedron and Rook making full attacks in round one. With all the new spells UC and UM put out, he can focus on keeping everyone alive and uber strong.

EDIT: And of course Xanfire forgot ethereal jaunt, so he can only fight by way of force effects.

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: Sweet!

In an instant a large number of the scaley things come through the air, surrounding Michael and the spiritual ally. The creatures claw at them, leaving thin scrapes on their skin with some kind of green ichor from the tips of their talons.

by the blows the Solar and the Ally give out, the creatures are clearly corporeal and on the same plane as you.

The Icy Prison of Cort covers one of them, trapping it in mid-lunge. Its eyes dart about under the ice, and its expression seems to be... insanity itself! No mortal phrase can sum up the madness in the creature's eyes as anything but repugnant to all existence.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hedron will nock an arrow, but not draw it. (Bane arrow: undead)

Here's the Initiative order!

Thorn
Rook
Hedron
Cort/warlocklord
The Dragon
Xanfire
The hordes of other creatures<---just went

Note: Other than Thorn through her gem, none of you perceive ANYTHING about the dragon or the other critters. Nothing!

OOC: Here is the answer to my question, i guess. Attaack coming soon

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: Yeah, but we switched ot the new initiative when everyone was holding their actions (and, yes, when I took that break during September; btw: sorry about that guys, I was literally working 7 days a week). Which, btw, you folks did with good reason, seeing as how the monsters were on a different plane and hadn't taken a turn yet so there was nothing to do but delay.

So now it's the Broken eagles' turn. We can use the initiative order you folks rolled to determine what happens when.

Scott DeWar

Would these be considered "Monsterous Humanoids"?
Base info
Attack +32/+27/+22/+17
Damage 1d8+9 +1d6 flaming
crit 19-20/X3

Additional information: first shot was with bane arrow (Undead) as that is the one he had in hand. this gives a +1 to attack (34 attk) and +1 damage as a basic item.

next 3 arrows are normal arrows.

information starts at the bottom and moves up.

if monsterous humanoids, then add +2 to att and damage on all arrows. Party gets +1 on all attack and damage rolls.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Favored Enemy:
:1: humanoid: goblinoid
:2: undead
:3: humanoid: giant
:4: outsider: evil
:5: Monstrous humanoid

Favored Terrain:
:1: forest
:2: cold
:3: mountains
:4: planes-lower

Thaven

First Post
(In terms of party effectiveness losing the bard I designed for Hero hurts our fighter power a little and the buff spells were pretty sweet as well. We'll see how we fare.)

Is it my turn? I'm assuming so since thorn went and hedron went.

Remove ads