• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eadric et. al. (The Paladin and his Friends).

Gez

First Post
Grodog: (noun) Big Canine. From "dog" and french "gros", meaning "big" or "fat".

Or at least, that's how I've always interpreted it. :)

grodog

Hero
Gez said:
Grodog: (noun) Big Canine. From "dog" and french "gros", meaning "big" or "fat".

Or at least, that's how I've always interpreted it. :)

LOL. Well, that's not quite accurate, Gez :D

Grohe, my surname, is German. I have no idea what it may or may not mean in German, but that's only somewhat germane to 'grodog' anyway. A friend in college christened me as grodog, though she didn't really have any particular meaning in mind (we later tried to figure out the inspiration, and she just said that it came to her).

My brothers both also received the same nickname in college, so it seems to just go with Grohe.

As to whether I'm fat or not, you decide: http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/pic.html

edit: hmmm, hope I didn't sound persnickety, that wasn't my intent :D

Last edited:

Moleculo

First Post
Cheiromancer said:
Is there a formula relating the craft check result to the value of a piece? If masterwork is DC 20, what would DC 80 be?

It just means they can craft at super speeds, ie at like 160gp worth of material in a week. So you could outfit a small army on your own in a few weeks. It would be like a swordmaker crafting an exquisite katana in 2 weeks, or a normal longsword in a day on your off time. hehe kinda nutty.

Lela

First Post
Moleculo said:
It just means they can craft at super speeds, ie at like 160gp worth of material in a week. So you could outfit a small army on your own in a few weeks. It would be like a swordmaker crafting an exquisite katana in 2 weeks, or a normal longsword in a day on your off time. hehe kinda nutty.
Or the work is considered so good that others will pay a lot for it. Such as if your decoritive touch were stunning and some patron decided you were worth the cash.

It's just how much money you can make at a given craft. Whatever ways you, or your DM, can think of to make that happen is fine.

Hey Sepulchrave - if you get a chance for a quick update, here's something I've noticed: Contundor, Eadric's Mount, is a Bad Ass (tm).

Contundor, Eadric's Mount
Large Magical Beast w/ Half-Celestial Template; HD 12d8+60; hps 126; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Speed 50 ft; AC 22 (+11 Natural, +2 Dex, -1 Size); Attack: BAB: +12/+12/+7; +20/+20/+15 (2 Hooves, Bite) Dmg: 1d6+8 (hoof) or 1d4 +4 (bite), SV (as Eadric) Fort +18, Ref +11, Will +13; AL LG; Str 26, Dex 15, Con 21, Int 11, Wis 17, Cha 10 .

Languages: Common, Celestial

Skills: Listen +17, Spot +17, Wilderness Lore +9, Swim +14, Jump +14, Knowledge (Planes) +2

Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Track.

Paladin's Mount Special Abilities: Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Empathic Link, Share Saving Throws, Command, Spell Resistance +20.

Half Celestial Abilities: 1/day at 12th level: Bless, Aid, Detect Evil, Cure Serious Wounds, Neutralize Poison, Holy Smite, Remove Disease, Dispel Evil, Holy Word; 3/day: Protection from Evil. Immune to acid, cold, disease and electricity, +4 on saves vs. poison; at will: Light.
He's got better stats that most PCs I have played, and some powerful abilities (that never seem to be used in any of the stories). And where did a horse learn about the Planes?

I believe you mentioned there was a tale behind Eadric acquiring this mighty steed. Care to relate it - not in detail - just the gist?

Lord_Fergus

First Post
A question.. I have noticed that Eadric and his steed both have the Half-Celestial template but neither has a fly speed. I have heard nothing about wings on either. Have you ruled that Half-Celestials do not gain wings and fly? I may have missed it somewhere - could someone enlighten me? Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads