• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron/Horror Game - FULL - Got my three additional players, thanks!

solkan_uk said:
Would you prefer i went Psion/Expert or pure Psion, I could run either way, any idea what level we starting at?
Up to you -- we'll be starting at 1st level, though.
Lord_Raven88 said:
I'm interested in playing a Ghaele from Savage Species if you'll allow it. Basically it's the Ghaele from the Monster Manual, with their abilites spread over 20 levels.

He would be a young Ghaele orphan, who's been raised by the 'The Silver Flame'.
Hmmm... I'm not sure about that. That seems a bit "out there", especially for a horror game, where an angel in the party might negate some of that vibe. I might be talked into it, though, if you don't have any other ideas on your back pocket.
MadMaxim said:
As I mentioned earlier, Joshua, I was wondering if you would allow a warmage from Complete Arcane?
Oh, I didn't realize that was an actual class, I thought that was just a concept. (Haven't looked at Complete Arcane in a while.) Sure, go ahead.
Cursed Quinn said:
I've been thinking about playing a shifter ranger.
Ah, cool. My own first Eberron character was a shifter ranger/barbarian.

Harvey

First Post
Ok, so we have a warforged artificer, a shifter ranger, a half-elf psion, and a warlock, so far. For some reason, I am having a brain freeze on a character concept. Maybe a sorc of some sort who is interested in dabbling with the horrors that the Khyber has to offer? I'm already playing a dragonmarked character in another game, so definitely not that route... grrr... let me think some more...

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
Hmmm... I'm not sure about that. That seems a bit "out there", especially for a horror game, where an angel in the party might negate some of that vibe. I might be talked into it, though, if you don't have any other ideas on your back pocket.
Well I was going to go a Warforged Psion, but as there is already a Warforged and a Psion in the party, I thought it would be good to go a @ss kicking evil slaying Cleric of 'The Silver Flame'.

That when I thought about going the Young Ophan Ghaele who doesn't really know what he is, but tries to server the Silver Flame to the best of his ability. If you realllllllly don't want me to be a Ghaele :( , I guess I could go a Cleric of the Silver Flame.

Harvey

First Post
OK, so as I am looking through my D&D books for inspiration, how about this: a human hexblade (from Complete Warrior). I was thinking a member of House Deneith (dragonmarked) that was a was a Grey Blade sent out to hunt someone down in the Eldeen Reaches. The mix of arcane and fighter would fit well in this campaign... a merc out for more arcane knowledge.

Would you allow the Hexblade?

Absolutely -- I have a hexblade in another game, and I think it's an awesome idea for a class.

Cleric of the Silver Flame is fine too -- naturally.

solkan_uk

First Post
A preliminary (unfinished) draft of my character, please feel free to criticise and comment.
Note that she is pretty useless in any combat orientated area.

She'll use a spear, though I don't want it to look obviousl weapon-like, more like a decorative staff with a spear-tip.

[SBLOCK]Name: Arlanen Medani
Class: Psion [seer]
Race: Half-Elven
Size: Medium
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Sovereign Host/Not thought too much on it

Str: 10 +0 Level: 1 XP: 0
Dex: 12 +1 BAB: +0 HP: 8
Con: 08 -1 Grapple: +0 Dmg Red: 0/-
Int: 18 +4 Speed: 30' Spell Res: 0
Wis: 14 +2 Init: +1 Spell Save: +0
Cha: 13 +1 ACP: -0 Spell Fail: 00%

Base Armor Shld Dex Size Nat Misc Total
Armor: 10 +X +X +X +X +X +X XX
Touch: XX Flatfooted: XX

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort: 0 -1 -1
Ref: 0 +1 +1
Will: 2 +2 +4

Weapon Attack Damage Critical
Shortspear +0\+1 1d6 20-x2 20' Range
XXXX +X XdXX+X XX-XXxX
XXXX +X XdXX+X XX-XXxX
XXXX +X XdXX+X XX-XXxX

Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling, Goblin, Gnome

Abilities:
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Psions are proficient with the club, dagger, heavy crossbow, light crossbow, quarterstaff, and shortspear. They are not proficient with any type of armor or shield. Armor does not, however, interfere with the manifestation of powers.

Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects

Low-Light Vision

+1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.

+2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks.

Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-elf is considered an elf.

Feats:
Least Dragonmark (Medani), Detect Magic 2/day, +2 Spot Checks

Psionic Abilities
Power Points/Day: 4 (2 psion +2 Int)
Powers Known: 3
Maximum Power: 1st
Precognition (+2 insight bonus to one roll)
Call to Mind (after failed knowledge check, reroll with +4 bonus)
Sense Link (sense what the subject senses through a single sense, willing only)

Skill Points: 24 Max Ranks: 4/2
Class Skills
The psion’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration* (Con), Craft (Int), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually)* (Int), Profession (Wis), and Psicraft* (Int). In addition, a psion gains access to additional class skills based on his discipline:
Seer (Clairsentience): Gather Information (Cha), Listen (Wis), and Spot (Wis).
Skills Ranks Mod Misc Total
Concentration 4 -1 +3
Gather Information 4 +1 +2 +7
Spot 4 +2 +3 +9
Knowledge (Arcana) 4 +4 +8
Knowledge (Psionics) 4 +4 +8
Knowledge (History) 4 +4 +8
Knowledge (Geography) 4 +4 +8
Search (cc) 0 +4 +1 +5
Listen (cc) 0 +2 +1 +3
Diplomacy (cc) 0 +1 +2 +3

Equipment: Cost Weight
Shortspear 1gp 6lb
Backpack 2gp 2lb
Bedroll 1sp 5lb
Medani Signet Ring 5gp -
4 days trail rations 2gp 4lb

Total Weight:17lb Money: 64gp 8sp 10cp

Lgt Med Hvy Lift Push
Max Weight: 33 66 100 100 500

Height: 4'8"
Weight: 90lb
Eyes: Vivid Green
Hair: Deep Red
Skin: Pale & Freckled[/SBLOCK]

Appearance: Small and sleight, Arlanen's most prominent feature is her shoulder length curly red hair, which stubbornly ignores the efforts of hairdressers and parents to do anything other curl its way down her back. Otherwise she is fairly attractive, though some would consider her too skinny and her fair skin burns in any hint of bright sunlight. Her eyes stand out against her hair, giving her a fairly intense look most of the time, those who don't know her tend to think that whatever her topic of conversation is the most important thing in the world to her, even if she's only talking about walking down the street.

Background: Arlanen is the daught of Farranen and Martina Medani, both Dragonmarked members of the House, and fairly important ones to boot, as such she has been spoilt through most of her life and awarded a good education and travel around the (safer) places of Khorvaire.
Her Dragonmark developed around 16, much to the delight of her parents and is located on her left arm, across the top of her fore-arm and touching the wrist, should it manifest into a higher form of mark it will be clearly visible on her hand, as it is at the moment, it is still fairly easily concealable.
Much of her life has been dominated by her superiority, she's never made friends easily as she tends to look down on most others, however as she has grown older she has learned to conceal her fealings for short periods of time (hence her skill in Gather Information/Diplomacy - bluff might've been useful, but I feel anyone actively trying to read her will easily see that her friendliness is just a front).
Arlanen's psionic abilities manifested when she last travelled in the region of the Eldeen Reaches, a precognive flash allowed her to evade an oncoming cart. Now a year later, she feels that she needs to return to discover more about her power - studying in books has only taken her so far, and while a big part of her thinks that the time and place of her discovery was just random chance, another part of her thinks otherwise.
She's been in the village for just over a week, and has had multiple flashes of seeing through the eyes of something watching her - but she has not yet managed to find out who... or what.

EDIT: Rewrote the end of her background, as it was a bit crappy, besides which it's far more interesting to resolve her stuck-upness during play than before hand.

Last edited:

Looks good so far. I'm interested in seeing the background, now! ;)

Heh. Nothing like a little bit of a princess syndrome to make a gal attractive. :cool:

Last edited:

Remove ads