D&D 5E Eberron Is Here Today!

Eberron: Rising from the Last War hits local gamestores today. Eberron creator Keith Baker talks on his blog about what's changed! So, what's changed? The Mror Dwarves, races, Dragonmarks, the Mournland, Lady Illmarrow, monsters... but not guns! And what's new? The artificer class, group patrons, warforged colossus, and scary monsters! Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign...

Eberron: Rising from the Last War hits local gamestores today. Eberron creator Keith Baker talks on his blog about what's changed!

Eberron-title.png

So, what's changed? The Mror Dwarves, races, Dragonmarks, the Mournland, Lady Illmarrow, monsters... but not guns!

And what's new? The artificer class, group patrons, warforged colossus, and scary monsters!

Explore the lands of Eberron in this campaign sourcebook for the world’s greatest roleplaying game.

This book provides everything players and Dungeon Masters need to play Dungeons & Dragons in Eberron—a war-torn world filled with magic-fueled technology, airships and lightning trains, where noir-inspired mystery meets swashbuckling adventure. Will Eberron enter a prosperous new age, or will the shadow of war descend once again?

• Meld magic and invention to craft objects of wonder as an artificer—the first official class to be released for fifth edition D&D since the Player’s Handbook.
  • Enter the world of Eberron in a 1st-level adventure set in Sharn, the City of Towers
  • Dive straight into your pulp adventures with easy-to-use locations, complete with maps of train cars, battle-scarred fortresses, and fallen warforged colossi.
  • Explore Sharn, a city of skyscrapers, airships, and intrigue and a crossroads for the world’s war-ravaged peoples.
  • Flesh out your characters with a new D&D game element called a group patron—a background for your whole party.
  • Explore 16 new race/subrace options including dragonmarks, which magically transform certain members of the races in the Player’s Handbook.
  • Confront horrific monsters born from the world’s devastating wars.
  • Prepare to venture into the Mournland, a mist-cloaked, corpse-littered land twisted by magic.

R_J_K75

Legend
What are the problems you have heard about, everyone here that has responded has said they haven't had any issues.

I wouldnt know specifically what problems they had because I dont use the paid version of the program. I was looking on my google news feed and there was a direct link to the D&D Beyond message board/forums where people were discussing problems they were having with pre-orders loading the new Eberron book and creating artificers, etc. Think it started early Monday morning but from what people are saying here seems like it was resolved mostly by Tuesday evening, which in all fairness seems like good response time on WotC part. Im sure if you search their forums you can find it.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
What are the problems you have heard about, everyone here that has responded has said they haven't had any issues.
My problem and the problem with some other users is that it's not showing up in our DNDBeyond app (both apple and googleplay). It's being worked on. Otherwise, it's golden.

R_J_K75

Legend

Heres a link to D&DB not sure if its the same one I was looking at yesterday.

gyor

Legend
Well, both are very "kitchen sink" settings with a tinge of flavor tweaks. Other D&D settings are as well (Greyhawk and Ravenloft share a lot of kitchen-sink elements, for example) I think the hackles were raised by the insinuation that kitchen sink = Forgotten Realms, as if that is the only defining characteristic of Faerun. Its a sore spot, esp when there are lots of people who jump to the next step of kitchen sink = bad or bland setting as well. (I am not among them, I think most official settings should be variations of kitchen-sink or near KS, but I realize I'm a minority opinion).

I still hate the term kitchen sink setting, I find it misrepresentive. They are diverse settings, but done in different ways and with major differences. Like FR is a lot bigger.

Remathilis

Legend
I still hate the term kitchen sink setting, I find it misrepresentive. They are diverse settings, but done in different ways and with major differences. Like FR is a lot bigger.
I mean, I do to (that was a fight for a different day, so I left that out). The term implies a setting lacks focus of theme if it actually assumes everything in the game is valid, spawned from an assumption that carefully curated settings that allow only a fraction of the available options are superior.

Eberron has the option to use every element in the core rules, but with different emphasis or roles or cultural elements. It invokes it's theme well with use of tone and genre tropes. More settings should look to Eberron as a way to invoke theme without breaking out the banstick.

Rant over.

dave2008

Legend
Heres a link to D&DB not sure if its the same one I was looking at yesterday.

OK, so it is just for this book. Not much of an issue then other than timing. I'm sure it will get corrected.

dave2008

Legend
Think it started early Monday morning but from what people are saying here seems like it was resolved mostly by Tuesday evening, which in all fairness seems like good response time on WotC part.
FYI, that wouldn't be "on WotC part" as they don't own or run DnD Beyond. It would be a good response time by Curse.

EDIT: Even more so since it wasn't supposed to release until Tuesday anyway!

Remove ads

Remove ads